Part 33: The Fire

"Dylan? Out of all boys you decided to use him as your target to make Luke jealous?"

You nodded your head silently and bent down with your face to collect your hair. "He was the one starting it by asking to tutor me! I just tagged along and made it into something." You wrapped the hair tie around your hair and tightened it, your face red when you lifted it up again to look at Matty.

"But come on Y/N this is Dylan! I can mention at least twenty other students at this school who would be a much more potential target!" Matty stated and bounced the volley ball in his hand, throwing it against the floor and catching it easily.

"I know but the point here is, Luke hates Dylan more than anyone else. I barely had to do anything without making him clench his teeth and fire lingering in his veins." You raised your hands in the air to catch the volley ball, letting it fall to the ground at first before catching it.

"Why do you even want to make him jealous? I thought everything was over after that black t-shirt disaster?" He made himself ready to catch the ball, looking up in the air intensely and grabbed it.

"I have no idea. There's just a part of me that wanna see him get hurt you know? I know I've been acting immature lately but I can't help myself."

Both yours and Matty's attention headed towards the P.E teacher blowing in his whistle, "McGarry, Y/L/N, less talking and more volley ball practicing! I know you aren't really the people to do sports but do show some interest now since you've showed up."

You rolled your eyes by Coach Hanson's yell and looked back at Matty with wide eyes. He laughed at you and shrugged his shoulders, throwing the ball back to you and waiting until coach Hanson's attention went back to some of the other students.

"We've only showed up because this is mandatory." You mumbled under your breath and giggled up at Matty, "And because using the my ankle is sprained joke doesn't work any longer."

"For how long did you carry that out anyways?" Matty grinned and wiped his curly locks back so they wouldn't fall in front of his eyes. You bit your lip and thought back to the old time, remembering how you had played the thing for longer than intended. Realizing that spraining your ankle meant that you were allowed to skip from P.E, you managed to play it out for more weeks than your doctor had suggested for the rest.

"Three weeks more than necessary but hey I managed to skip doing athletics and watch you do it instead! It was pretty cool but of course Coach Hanson noticed I wasn't struggling any longer and had returned my crutches to the hospital. But it was fun as for long as it lasted!"

Matty laughed lightly by your words and shook his head as this was so typical you. You threw the volleyball in the air and hit it lightly towards his direction, the two of you trying your best to make it steady in the air and not touch the floor like Coach Hanson had directed you too.

"You know I've missed this." He mentioned when the ball touched the floor in front of him after holding it in the air for a minute.

"P.E?" You asked confused and cocked your head.

"No of course not." He giggled and shook his head, "Us having fun. Even if we see each other day I feel like we haven't been close lately. I've missed your smile."

Your cheeks blushed in a deep shade of red and you giggled softly and nodded your head agreeing.

With him spending so much time with Zoey it was hard to fit you in and you understood completely. Being newly in love literally tore one away from reality and with Matty finally getting the chance to find a girl who actually liked him back he was living on the pink cloud of life. And he had in fact changed, you had noticed it on the smirk that wouldn't stop embracing his face. He had become more confident, seemed to be more chill about anything and it was both new and nice. Really different but you enjoyed it to the fullest.