Part 31: The Shirt

A/N: So there has been a bit of confusion as to this story was 'updated' a few days ago! I apologize deeply, it was a mistake of mine! I accidently posted a preference into this story instead of my preference story book! But here is the actual update for chapter 31! :D 

Luke hovered over the dishwasher, taking the box of cutlery out and placed it on top of the kitchen counter. Opening the drawer to the cutlery he filled it up, trying to stay as quiet as possible but with the coffee machine working in the background along with the radio playing soft tunes, it didn't work as planned.

You had been trying to block out his sounds for fifteen minutes, but now with the cutlery smacking against the drawer you fluttered your eyes open and looked up from the couch confused.

Luke's duvet was draped over your body, almost covering you up like a burrito. A t-shirt was hanging loosely on your body which made you furrow your eyebrows confused. Though the answer to your upcoming question was given when you saw your clothes resting on the chaiselong of his couch.

A nice glass of water was resting on the coffee table, two pills that clearly seemed to pain killers being placed to supply. You didn't hesitate to reach your arm forward, grabbing the glass and lifting it to your mouth. The dryness on your tongue was worse than when having a disease with a stuffed nose and being forced to breathe through the mouth.

"You're awake." Luke spoke with a soft voice, letting go of the dishes to approach you.

You looked over your shoulder by his sudden words and nodded your head agreeing. He walked carefully towards the couch and rested two of his fingers on the back cushions.

"How are you feeling?" He added.

You furrowed your eyebrows confused and your lips parted slightly. You didn't really know how you were feeling. Compared to the fact that you barely remembered the events of last night you weren't that hungover. Simply slightly tired from the sleep but otherwise than that you were feeling well.

"I'm okay. A bit dizzy in my head but surprisingly well." You admitted and ran a hand through your matted hair that seemed to be tied up in a messy attempted braid. "Wait have I puked?"

Luke's lips parted by your question like he wanted to say something, watching as you observed the braid that concluded you to your sudden question. You hadn't done it on your own and from the feeling of it, it wasn't done very well.

"Just a few times." He shrugged and took a seat on the armrest of the cushion. He wasn't wearing anything else but a pair of grey trainers and socks. His chest was glistering, and you concluded that he must have been out for a run while you were sleeping.

"It makes sense to why you're feeling well. You really did get every single drop of alcohol out of your system. Along with dinner too. Why did you drink that much?"

"I don't know." You shrugged and leaned your cheek against the cushion. There wasn't a precise answer to his question. You didn't want to blame it all on him but you felt the need to actually enjoy yourself instead of thinking about him. But it was too much from what you expected and of course you ended up somehow with Luke again. No matter how hard you tried it would always be like that in the end.

"I guess I wanted to enjoy my youth."

He nodded his head somehow understanding and fiddled with the duvet over your body. And even if you had been crazily drunk last night you did remember not sleeping with it when you were wrapped up on the couch.

"You were freezing. After puking you were in a mix of heat and coldness. You were shaking from top to toe and didn't want me to leave you. So I insisted on you sleeping with my duvet and I would take the blanket." He replied to your thinking question, assuming your confusion from the way you were staring at the duvet.