Part 28: The Vibe

"Okay so I'm not even sure I have everything we need but so far I've packed all the necessary stuff. I have all our favourite movies, our secure blanket in case we're watching a thriller and my mom even gave us frozen lasagna for late night snacks. I'm almost there but I didn't bring any sweet drinks, do have something or should I stop by the small kiosk?"

Matty's rambles seemed faint in the phone as you pressed it against your ear, looking at the mirror reflection in front of you.

"No, that's alright. I have all we need." You mumbled in response to his question, a smirk playing on your lips as you grabbed the vodka bottle standing on your dresser, hung up the phone and flattened down the short black cocktail dress you were wearing.

The music was blasting on a medium level from your equipment on your TV in your living room, your heels matching along to the beat of the music as you walked between the kitchen and the bathroom. The bottle of vodka was now resting on top of your dinner table along some clothes and two cards.

You ran a hand through your curly locks in habit, ruffling it to give more volume and checked yourself in the mirror for the last time before walking out because of the doorbell ringing.

Matty allowed himself in automatically, his eyes wide when he noticed the music system being on, and they widened even more when you came out of the bathroom. The instant smell of girl perfume hit his nostrils and he took in your attire, his mouth half hanging.

"This doesn't look like movie night." He almost whimpered, already knowing that you had a secret plan to this.

"Not exactly." You grinned and walked forward to engulf him in your arms, even with your heels you couldn't compare to his tall frame. "But we'll need this for tomorrow when we're hangover and can't resist the ability to not do anything."

You placed his stuff on top of the cushion by the chaiselong, and watched as he took of his coat.

"Y/N what is going on?" He asked seriously with a quivered eyebrow.

"We, are going to a club tonight." You replied confidently and waved your hands up and down your body to show the intension behind your attire. Matty bit his lip, not fully convinced to your sudden idea.

"Why?" He waited a few seconds before asking the question, his mind confused and many thoughts going through his mind. So confused his voice went from the normal deep one to high-pitched.

You rolled your eyes by his question and leaned your back against the staircase, tempted between telling him the truth or not. But you knew if you didn't, he wouldn't believe the fully cause of this and most probably not tag along. But on the other hand, if you admitted the intension behind this he could freak and claim you were crazy. Which you most probably were.

"Okay I am freaking out on Luke! He's been acting weird lately and I think it's a mix of exams stress and the fact that he can't do normal things with me in public! Meredith and he are going to a club tonight to celebrate her 22th birthday along with some of their other friends! And he didn't even care to tell me! I just want to make sure that nothing is going on between them because no matter how many times Luke tries to convince me and I convince myself that nothing is going on, I somehow don't want to believe anything."

Matty's eyes widened by your words, and he bit his lip and looked down at his feet, "So you want to spy on him tonight?"

"I wouldn't claim it as spy. More likely revenge for keeping it as a secret. Imagine his face if he found out we were there, all of the sudden partying along with them."

"But what about Meredith and perhaps Adore? What will you do if they see us at the club?" Matty asked carefully. He didn't seem fully convinced but neither rejecting to your offer.