Part 17: Annoying Agent

Ellie's P.O.V:

(In the limo on the way to their group date)

All six of us are sitting but we're all sitting next to our dates. Justin and I are the closest to the door thanks to the company of my crutches. Then next to us is Jaden and Payton then its Olivia and Styles. Justin opens the bottle of sparkling apple cider and pours everyone a glass as he goes to pour himself a glass; he spills it all over his shirt. He curses quietly in a whisper, but we all obviously know what he said. This is so unlike him to be so clumsy. He seems so nervous, but for what?

Payton and Olivia look so beautiful tonight. It's so rare that I ever see them dressed up like this. Sofia's wearing a fitted knee length black dress with red pumps for shoes. Her long black shiny hair is curled loosely and simply down and her makeup is done real simple except for her bold red lipstick. Payton looks adorable. It's super rare, like seeing a blue horse, to see Payton done up like this. She's wearing a short pale pink dress with a sweat heart neckline and a tutu like skirt of the dress. It's also shimmery in the light. Her hair is curled, like Olivia's, only Payton has her curls tightly done and bouncy. Her makeup is full of pink shades and glitter. I am wearing a mint green dress that is fitted on the top but loosely fitted on the bottom from about the waist line down from the silver braided belt. This dress falls just above my knees and I have on silver ballet slipper flats. My hair is curled with my wand, so it looks like waves and my bangs near my face are pulled away and clipped with a white real flower. I hardly have any makeup except really light natural tones and my signature pink shiny lip-gloss.

We arrive at the restaurant and just like in the movies; all the guys help their dates out of the limo. It was so cliché but I loved it. It was hard to see where we were walking thanks to the thousands of flashing lights coming from the cameras. This is what happens when you see three teenage heart throbs of the pop culture are with three gorgeous mystery and not famous teenage girls. We finally reach the door of the restaurant alive and are walked to our reserved table.

My phone starts to ring and of course it's set at the highest volume. With my cheeks on fire from embarrassment since I forgot to place my phone on silent, I say, "Excuse me guys but I have to take this. I'll be right back." I give Justin a quick kiss and hobble out towards a side door for privacy.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ellie what's up? It's Jack." It's my agent. I've been secretly avoiding him since I don't particularly like them.

"Nothing much I'm just on an anniversary dinner with Justin and my friends. So, what's your reason for calling? I don't want to be rude and keep them waiting."

He takes a deep breath and pauses for a second then says, "Ellie, listen to me. Have you by any chance read any of the press lately? These stories are making me question what you're doing with your career and life." This takes me unexpectedly and I'm confused yet so annoyed and irritated right now.

"Excuse me, but last time I checked, this is my life and my career, is it not? I am living my life as I want to and I'm trying to be as careful as I can besides the fact that I'M ONLY HUMAN! What do expect from me? I'm just trying to be myself and I'm trying to act like a teenager. I feel like all you do is rush me into growing up and rush me into everything then expect me to do it perfect." I am now officially done and hate him with a burning passion. "But, what exactly are you talking about? What are the lies that the press spreading now? If you haven't cared to notice, I've been a little busy with doctor and hospital visits to be looking at those nonsense stories."

He hesitates as he processes my words then asks me something that pushes me way off the edge. "Ellie, please just tell me the truth. Are you engaged to Justin? And is it because you're pregnant?"

I scream I'm so angry. "WHAT?! What did you just ask me? Do I have a baby growing in my belly or if I have a ring on my finger? You have got to be kidding me! I AM ONLY 16 YEARS OLD! But instead of just waiting to see if it was true and if I would come out and tell you, which for your information, I would tell you. IF IT WAS EVEN TRUE! But it's not. I can't believe that you would people those outrageous and bogus stories. But, what if it is all true? What would you do then? Tell me to leave or kill this baby? Well in that case I would make sure you would be the one in the media. I can't believe you just made me so upset on my 1 year and 5 month anniversary with Justin, the love of my life. You people make me sick!" I hung up my phone before he could even say one more word to me. I am shaking and almost in tears right now with so much anger and frustration. I stay in my little area for a few more minutes to collect myself and cool down. As I am now ready to go back to my dinner, my phone rings once again!

"What do you want? Can't you take the hint that I don't want to talk to you?"

"Ellie, I thought about what you just said and I was thinking that Justin's holding you back. Just imagine how peaceful our life would be without him. It would be drama free and so much more enjoyable. It's all his fault that the press is attacking you negatively. I want you to break up with him, tonight. The press will have a field day and bring you so much publicity!"

I squeeze my fist tightly. "First of all, you just contradicted yourself. You're telling me being with him brings me bad publicity yet you want me to leave him to bring me more publicity? No, I wouldn't do that anyways. I would take a bullet for Justin and he would do the same for me. I'm not like Selena nor will I ever be. I am not just in this relationship with him for the fame. I would love Justin even if he wasn't famous and he wouldn't just kick me to the curb either if I wasn't famous. That's how he fell for me anyways. I was just a normal and regular teenage girl when we first met. So, you're ideas or recommendations are irrelevant to me considering, if you haven't caught on to the hint, YOU'RE FIRED." I hang up and turn my phone completely off as I aggressively throw it back into my clutch. I crutch back to our table with my best convincing smile I'm capable of so no one can see my real feelings. I know my face has a smile but trust me; my heart is the complete opposite.