Part 3: Flirting with Jesse

Author's Note:
The pic above is Jessie's outfit when he saves Ellie.
Enjoy :)
~Cyd

Ellie's P.O.V:

How could have I have been so dumb? I should have double checked to see if I shut the door before I walked out. But I wasn't even out that long. Goodness I only crossed the street to check the mail! After running through my house like a mad man, I walked outside and wasn't watching where I was stepping and missed one of the steps that go down the hill to the lake behind my house. I start tumbling down the hill and I swear I hit every single tree root there was on the way down. It hurt so badly. I hit the bottom and I hear a crack come from my leg and the pain tripled. I just lay there. I can't even move. Every inch of my body hurts right now. But what hurts the most is my leg.

I manage to sit up and just burry my face in my hands and break down crying. I'm having a complete meltdown. She's gone. It's freezing cold outside, I forgot my jacket and I just lost my puppy. I might as well give up. I don't care. I don't care about anything anymore. I am shivering and shaking from both the crisp cold air and pain.

Is this how God is punishing me? I am praying to God to forgive me and to give me Chloe back, when I hear some yelling trying to get my attention. He scared the hell out of me.

"HEY! HEY YOU! ARE YOU OK?" I look up the hill behind me and see this gorgeous looking guy. He had pure bleach blonde hair with these bright blue eyes that I could see all the way from the bottom of the hill. He was so built and muscular. He was just beautiful to look at. Wait a minute. Ellie, snap out of this! You have Justin. Justin. Justin. Justin. I see this mystery boy start to run down the hill towards me. I wipe the tears from my eyes and run my hand through my hair.

He squats down next to me with one of his hands on my back. He smiles and the smile is perfect. "Hi, I'm Jesse. I just moved in next door. Are you ok? I saw you fall and I was worried you really injured yourself." This boy looked pretty young, around my age maybe a year older. His eyes are just, wow. He is really cute.

I try to act like nothing hurts so I attempt to sand up and I almost do but fall and he catches me, starring into my eyes. "Thanks."

"No problem. You're shivering, you must be freezing. Here, take my jacket." He places me onto the ground and helps me slip into his toasty warm blue Hollister hoodie. I could smell his spray and it smelled like heaven. It actually smelled really familiar, and then I remembered, Justin. They must wear the same brand. "So, what's your name?"

I smile and bat my eyelashes, "Ellie. How old are you?"

He smiles brightly, "16, you?"

"Same here." I try and smile which is hard with the amount of pain I am in.

"So I heard you crying a little earlier, you must be really hurt." Well that's embarrassing.

"Well, not really..." I trail off as he interrupts me.

"Holy shit, look at your leg. We need to get you to the hospital." I look done at my leg for the first time and see that the bone it almost poking out of my skin. That explains the pain.

"How am I supposed to get there? It's not like I can walk." Before I could say another word, Jesse is carrying me bridal style up the hill and into my house and gently places me onto my coach.

"Is there anyone home?" I shake my head no as the pain in my leg has gotten so bad that I can hardly talk. "Do you want me to call somebody for you to tell them that I'm taking you to the hospital?"

"No, I'm not going to the..." I hate that 'h' word, "hospital. My mom should be home any minute she'll look at my leg. Thanks though."

"No, you have to go now." He walks over to me and picks me up again.