22

December 25th, 1980

"Prince, it's like seven in the morning

"Prince, it's like seven in the morning." I complained as we trudged through almost knee deep snowy pits, he continuously waved me off as he took the lead of our journey.

"How can you be cranky on Christmas? I thought you liked this kind of stuff..." Prince says to himself as he picked up the pace a bit, I narrowed my eyes at him feeling particularly cranky about being woken up from my slumber.

"I do! It's just..." I pondered for a minute, "My favorite holiday is Halloween!"

Prince looks over his shoulder briefly, "Oh yeah? Why?"

"Because I get to eat all the candy that I want!" I replied confidently causing him to whip around to face me, I flinch slightly surprised at the action. His bottom lip was tucked in between his teeth as he thought over a response.

"Don't you already do that?"

"No!" I scoffed whilst squinting at him, he mimicked my actions.

"Didn't you clear out a bag of Twix last night?" Prince shrugs causing my agitation to grow.

"I am a grown woman and I can eat whatever I want!" I huffed, "And for the record I wouldn't have eaten them if you had saved me some of the cookies."

Prince raised his hand, "Hey, I told you to get 'em while they were hot!"

"No you didn't, you said you were going to eat mine while I was in the shower."

"Same thing!" Prince dismisses with a cheeky grin, my eyes narrowed at him. At this point I wanted nothing more than to go back inside and climb into my bed to get some more rest.

"You're a pain in the ass."

"I am, but, I had to find a way to distract you somehow!" My face contorted in confusion as I stared into his frosty green eyes.

"Distract me from what?"

"This."

As soon as I turned around my jaw dropped. The back porch was lit up by rainbow colored Christmas lights and on the frosty patio table were three boxes neatly wrapped. My eyes finally landed on the acoustic guitar that was propped against the doorway.

"What's that?" I asked trying to hide my enthusiasm, Prince grinned brightly at me before shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't know, let's go find out." He suggests with a teasing grin, his hand extended his hand out to mine and I reluctantly excepted before we continued our journey back to the house.