12

May 17th, 1980

"But I'm just a virgin and I'm on my way to be wed--But you're such a hunk, so full of spunk

"But I'm just a virgin and I'm on my way to be wed--But you're such a hunk, so full of spunk.." Lisa sang into the microphone for the umpteenth time while Prince and I sat in front of the mixing board watching and listening to her.

We had been in the the studio for an hour trying to get Lisa's part in the song correct and was becoming very obvious that Prince was getting frustrated. He ran his fingers through his messy curls as a deep sigh escaped his parted lips.

"I can't go in there again, 'cause if I do I'm gonna yell at her and I can't do that yet because she's new."

I patted his shoulder, "I wasn't going to ask you to, last time you went in there you didn't do shit except make things worse." Prince sucked in a sharp breath before sulking in his seat.

I swung open the door of the recording booth startling her a bit, Lisa shifted her weight from one foot to another. My heels clinked against the ground as I approached her, she blew air from her mouth making her hair feather across her face.

"A bit intense isn't it?" I started trying to make her comfortable with me and she released a shaky laugh.

"I've been in a studio plenty of times but never with someone like him, this song is very unnerving, I haven't sang anything like this before." Lisa answers honestly as she hugs her jacket to her chest, I nodded understandingly. We did wait one day for her to get settled into things but are you ever prepared for something like this?

"The lyrics make you uncomfortable?"

She tilted her head slightly, "Not really, it's just I can't focus with him looking at me--" her voice trailed off as she looked over at him, "like that."

I turned around to find him staring her down, his eyes darkened with lust. He licked his lips as he realized we were looking at him, I scoffed loudly as I turned around to face her again.

"Don't worry about him, I'll take care of it. Think you can run it one more time?" I asked hopefully, she nodded making me grin before I turned to exit the room.

"Hey, what happened in there?" He says as I approached him. I didn't answer instead I turned his chair away from Lisa.

"You're making her uncomfortable, must you try and seduce every girl you meet?" I scolded.

"I haven't had sex in forever. I am having withdrawals okay!" He exclaimed, I just shook my head.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" I questioned.

"She's in Trinidad visiting family, Leigh I'm miserable!" Prince whined but he still had not turned the chair around and I mocked him silently before leaning over the microphone.

"Lisa, are you ready to start?" I received a thumbs up so I got everything situated for her, she better kill it this time because I don't need to hear his complaining anymore.