11

May 15th, 1980

Upon my request Prince decided to skip the studio today and relax

Upon my request Prince decided to skip the studio today and relax. I was glad because this man will literally work himself to death. Now we're on the road heading to God knows where, ever since I got here we've been in and out of the studio not that I mind it's all very exciting but still it was nice to be away from the music for a bit.

"Where are we going?" I asked as soon as we approached our third red light, he craned his neck slightly as his slender fingers flexed around the steering wheel.

"Uptown, babygirl." Prince smiles before pressing his foot on the gas roughly. I need to speak to whoever gave this fool his license because his speed racer ass almost gave me whiplash.

"Please drive faster, really, going ten miles above the speed limit isn't enough!" I muttered sarcastically as I pressed forehead against the surprisingly cool window, the car was lacking a serious amount of air suddenly.

Prince chortled at my snide remark, "I ain't even going that fast!"

"What's so hard about driving at the correct speed Prince!" I shouted my voice wavering a bit as I tried to focus my gaze on him but my vision had blurred, the heat in the car had amplified as Prince continued his reckless driving. My throat had gone dry as my heart rate sky rocketed, everything was fading from light to dark rapidly.

"Calm down, it's not that--Leigh?" Prince was frowning from what I could make out, my hands were trembling as I struggled to regain control of my breathing. My eyes were squeezed shut tightly as a loud ringing filled my ears, by now my whole face had lost color as I dug my heels into the floor.

My door flung open suddenly, when did we stop moving?

I felt a pair of hands reach out to grab me and I immediately swatted them away but they only tried again. I was gasping for air as I struggled to get away from them.

"N-No get away!" I screamed as I kicked my legs wildly, I heard a low grunt come from the person as they released me from their hold.

A raspy voice filled my ears, "Leigh it's me, Prince. You're gonna be okay baby, just focus on my voice and breathe." I shook my head rapidly and kept my eyes closed.

"Just relax for me, I got you, I promise you're safe." His fingertips soothingly ran through my hair causing my breathing to slow, I was still choked up as his hand went down to caress my face gently.

"Open your eyes mama." I shook my head as my trembling hands rubbed up and down my thighs. My breaths came out in shallow pants, as my nails began to scratch at the fabric.