14

May 29th, 1980

The soft sounds of the evening rain pattering against his window offered some serenity as I read, my reading glasses were resting on the bridge of my nose as I read the same page over again for the ten millionth time

"I'm just saying if you wanted to, I'd have no problem with it at all." Prince says thoughtfully, I waved him off before continuing to read my book.

"What are you even going on about?" I sighed heavily before tucking my bookmark in between the pages to mark my place, a satisfied grin formed on those plump lips of his.

"I'm talking about you and Morris!" I sucked my teeth in annoyance, of course he was. That's all he's been talking about since he heard me on the phone with Morris the other day, I've been talking to him a lot actually.

Morris had apologized for being so obnoxious, he said he was only doing it because he thought I liked Terry. Don't know how he got that idea but I cleared up everything and now we're cool. After a few days, I started see the real him, he was so sweet and witty. We planned to hang out soon.

"You need to find a new hobby because being in my business is not a good one!"

Prince arched an eyebrow at me, "You should know by now you don't have any business around me, I find out everything."

"Nosy ass." I muttered under my breath earning a low chuckle from Prince. My eyes fluttered close as I felt a sudden wave of fatigue washed over me as the sound of rain acted as a lullaby, I was being lured into a deep sleep slowly.

The faint sound of a click made me open my heavy lids, I turned my head slightly to see Prince clutching a polaroid picture in his hands. My lips pouted as I reached out to take it from him but he shook his head in disapproval as he yanked it out of reach.

"Who knew you would look so adorable in reading glasses?" He smiled whilst tracing the picture with his index finger.

"Give me the Picture!"

He snatched it out of my reach again, "No! Get your own."

"That is it! I'm getting that picture whether it's by force or by choice.." I yelled in frustration, my knees dug into the mattress as I climbed over his lap to reach his extended right arm. He laughed quietly before wrapping his left arm around my waist to put distance between the picture and I.

"You're not very threatening, you're like a chihuahua; little and annoying."

I stopped reaching for the image to glare at him, "If anyone is annoying it's you! Taking unexpected pictures of people--"