Chapter 21

Chapter 21 Vengeance

"What are you bastards doing here!" Eren yelled.

"Shut it peasant, fight on your time! I wanna know which of you shitheads stole my wife's heart during my absence." His voice grew cold. Around them came his followers with spears jabbing their backs.

No one answered.

"What a shame. I guess you guys do need more persuasion. Alonzo, bring them in!"

Rowtag's followers came in with each of their comrads and Cheoki's family strapped down to thick wodden rods. Erwin looked up, surprised to see his friends.

"You guys came for us!!" Sasha grinned but trembled in fear.

"Try anything funny and I'll burn your friends alive." He threatened as the men lowered the rods closer to the fire. "Give up your weapons!" He looked over to two men standing by him holding up their arrows, aiming towards their comrads. Levi and his team had no choice but to drop them and were collected.

The last man came out of a tent behind the throne. He held a wooden cage with a blanket covering it. Once it was set down, Rowtag pulled the sheet off and pulled out Cheoki. She wore all white and was covered in bruises. Her frame became more frail, it seems that she's been starving.

"Now my love, we will begin the ceremony." he smiled at her. Cheoki slowly lifted her head and looked at the crowd. Her eyes widened once she recognized their faces.

"Everyone..." she gasped as she blinked two tears.

"Alonzo, please call Itzo the Elder. I want to make this official." he grinned holding his bride close to him.

Alonzo dragged out an old man with a great head piece and many beads hanging on his neck. The old man placed himself right next to the couple. He seperated the two and began the ceremony.

"Cheoki, are you ready?" he turned to her with great sadness engraved on his face. Cheoki sniffled and wiped the tears off her cheek.

"In every tribe we all show our respect and gratitude to our previous kings and queens." Itzo looked over at Kano and Muta. "But unfortunately your reign will eventually come to an end. Today we are all gathered to celebrate the crowning and marriage of Rowtag, prince of strength and ruler of the Bullheads and our dear Cheoki, princess of the forest and daughter of Kano the Great."

Itzo held up a bronze chalice and filled it with herb tea. "May the gods guide you and the spirits protect you from the dangers and hardships this world may throw at you." Itzo sprinkled wine at the couple and held his long staff and shock a small shell attached to it.

"O Great Moon, watch them as they sleep and slay. O Great Sun fill them with energy and goodness. Loving Earth shelter and hide them from enemies as these two youths are combined as one."

The old man handed the two each a cup of tea. He looked up at Cheoki the longest, whose crying grew more frantic once the cup rested in her hands. " Once you drink this cup, you two will be forever bond together. Now we will have the words of the couple."

"Well then, I'll say this once again. Which of you shits dare try to take my Cheoki away?" his face hardened.

Cheoki's eyes drifted to Levi's grim expression.

*****************************

Once our eyes met I felt my stomach drop. There was no way I could do this, not in front of him.

"Anything you want to tell me?" He stared at me with his dark eyes of hate and malice. Once Levi made a motion to speak, I yelled out.

"Yes, the man your looking for is over there!" I pointed over to Alonzo without even thinking.

"A-Alonzo!? How could this be? He's always by my side!" He growled turning to Alonzo, who shook once he followed the direction of my finger.

"No sir, this wretch lies!" he yelled back.

"What do you have to say for yourself!?" Rowtag lokked back at me.

"Well, where do you think he disappears off to when your out hunting? With every opprotunity he had he came to visit me." I clutched my cup tighter. " My love, I'm sorry but our visits must end now. I will be a happily married woman." I rubbed it in his face. I looked over at Rowtag, whose face was red.

"Y-YOU BETRAYED ME! YOU DECEIVER! I TRUSTED YOU AND ALL THIS TIME YOU'VE BEEN EYEING MY BRIDE!" He jumped off his steps and took one of his guard's bow. He drew the arrow back.

"Please sir, I did no such thing!" he begged on his knees.

"How can I trust you, liar?!" I walked down the steps and leaned over his shoulder. I had to make him go against his followers. If I kept this up, I might be able to drive him to kill the two shooters.

"You're not my first love, Rowtag. I had my first lover a long time ago. He beat you." I whispered in his ear and laid my hands on his shoulders.

"She's just using you! She doesn't love you! She probably isn't even the Angel!" Alonzo cried as he trembled.

Rowtag looked over at me, doubting his actions but I redirected him. "Those who recieve my love and grace will be granted anything they want." I reminded him.

Unexpectedly Rowtag released his hold and shot Alonzo right between his eyes.