Chapter 12

Chapter 12 Help

Levi heard a familiar voice upstairs. He quickly walked as fast as he could, once he reached the room he found Cheoki being forced down. When she was shot , immediately she fell asleep. After everything was calm, everyone evacuated the room except the two soldiers guarding the girl.

"Men, wait outside for a minute." Levi ordered them. Levi sat at the corner of the room, waiting for her to wake up.

The whole time Cheoki would struggle went she tossed and turned. The straps holding her down would tighten within every movement, the leather began to show small rips.

Within an hour, Cheoki quickly jolted awake. Her eyes darted around the room, frightened and confused.

"Keep calm." Levi slowly approached her.

"Levi! I have to go! Something's bad is going to happen!" she tugged on her straps.

"Cheoki, what's happening?"

"It's Eren! He's in trouble and so is everyone else! I have to go help him!"

"Well, someone told me that there are more people involved with this. Who are the others?" he glared down at me.

Cheoki hesitated to answer.

Levi drew a sharp blade and leaned closer to her. Cheoki stared nervously at him, her heart pounding hard and fast. Levi cut off her straps, letting her free.

"Levi..." she gasped, rubbing her wrists

Cheoki felt a strange feeling of guilt and thought that it really was time to let go of her fears and be a true leader. It was time to take her responsibilities and discard her selfishness. Levi turned to leave but Cheoki quickly grabbed his hand.

"Levi...I"

"I don't believe that your intentions are fully evil. I know your still holding something back and I believe you should do what you feel is right." he interrupted her.

"Levi..."

"But you can't keep playing for both sides. You have to choose to either put your hope and faith to them or trust in me." He looked away from her as he waited for her answer. When he felt her hand shake and drops of water hit him, he quickly turned around.

"I...I-I choose..." she trembled in fear of others finding out she betrayed them.

"They're trainees! Ones who are behind all of this! It's Reiner and Berthodlt! Annie she asked me to join them, she said they'd help me find my tribe and keep my secret. I didn't want to die! I'm so sorry!" she said in one breath.

"He could've taken Eren by now!"

Levi turned his body fully around, facing her. Cheoki slowly loosened her grip and looked down at the floor.

"It's gonna be hard to trust you all over again. However, I believe in words." he laid his hands on her shoulders and rested his forehead on her's.

"I choose your side and I'll stay on your side." Levi handed her his pocket knife and nudged her to the window.

"They need you out there." he said with his back turned.

Cheoki gripped on to the knife and jumped out the window. With a blade in hand she slit her arm which trigged her to transform fully. She wasn't as big as Eren but their strength matched. She outstretched her "wings" and glided from roof to roof.