Chapter 4 part 2

Chapter 4 part 2

Once the trio had reached the source they found a young woman on the ground weeping. Erwin hurriedly ran over to her helping her up.

"Ma'm what is it?" he asked eagerly
The woman responded by pointing to the ally. As Erwin was helping the woman get home Hanji and Levi went ahead.

The ally was dark and dim, making it hard to see. There was also a horrible stench of rotten food.

"It stinks in here." Levi said covering his mouth and nose.

"This must be some kind of a dump." Hanji's eyes darted around the premises.

As Levi was trying to walk ahead he stepped on something. He looked in shock to find Cheoki on the ground, with blood stains on her clothes. Her clothes were ripped and her body was badly bruised.

"Save me...save me...save me..." she whimpered as beads of tears rolled down her face.

"We need to get her a doctor! Levi, help me carry her out of here." Hanji said fighting tears.

The two carefully lifted the corpse out of the ally and back into the light. With each step they took, she'd flinch in pain. Once they were out, Hanji opened the girl's eyes and listened for her heartbeat.

Erwin had came back with a shocked look on his face. He hurried over to check the girl's pulse.

"Please...don't hurt me" she begged still with her eyes shut.

"She'll die if she doesn't go to a doctor." Hanji said worriedly

Walking in their directions was a group of men carrying a bag of bread. From the look on their faces when they saw the body, it was obvious that they were the attackers

"Did you bastards do this?" Levi walked over to them drawing out his swords. The men quickly panicked and tried to run away from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt weak, too weak to even stay awake. But during this time I was able to hear what was going on. I heard footsteps rushing in and out; and people talking and arguing about something. The last I probably heard before I passed out was

"She'll definitely live. But if we don't get her the proper nutrition and health care she'll die. Let her rest for about a week for her wounds to heal."

The rays of light pierced my eyes forcing me to wake up from my sleep.
When I sat up my body was flooded with pain.

"You might want to take it easy." Erwin walked in with an apple in hand behind was Levi, Eren and a the blond boy who pulled the wagon.

My eyes wandered off to this strange circle with my own reflection shown on it. I gasped at the sight. I forced myself to get up and go towards the reflection. My right eye was a bit purple, I then turned over finding several more bruises on my back and neck. The long shirt covered several more cuts and bruises scattered on my skin.

My teared as I examined my body. I no longer looked royal inside I looked like someone found in a dung heap. my days of praise was gone.

"Why is happening to me? Why am I in hell?" I sobbed

Erwin knelt over to me with his hand on shoulder.

"Everyone goes through rough times royal or peasant. Right now you must stay in bed. You'll be staying at my place for a couple of more days then you'll move with Hanji then Levi."

I looke up to him.

"What am I going to do?"

"We can't help you until you speak up. We don't anything about but here we are saving your life." He changed to a more caring mood.