35. The return of Jasper

I wake up the next morning and I see that Ashton is no longer next to me. Even though I couldn't see his face due to the darkness in the cabin last night, I knew the feeling of his arms around me and his breathing chest against my head. The rays of the sun are beaming through the cabin curtains making my eyes squint. Alex and Frankie are still asleep and I check my clock just in case we are not late for the field announcements. 

Luckily, we still have an hour to get ready if we all get up now. I quickly get off of my bed and throw my pillows at Alex who is in the top bunk and Frankie who is in the bottom. They both whine and shuffle in their beds.

"Guys we need to get up. We only have an hour to get ready and I really want to go see Ashton." I say putting on a cute outfit and some shoes. 

"Ugh, Can I just stay in my bed forever and sleep?" Alex asked while putting her head under her pillow.

I laughed at her and said, "NOPE!"

Finally they had the energy to get up and we headed to the field. I ask Frankie and Alex if Ashton woke them when he entered our cabin last night and they both replied by saying that they didn't even notice.

We get to the field and Becky is ready to read the announcements.

"Good Morning campers! I hope you all had a good nights sleep last night and are prepared for todays activities. I have decided that today should be a swimming day again. Go get your swimsuits and whatever you need to make this day successful and join us for loads of fun at the lake. I think that is all and I will see you all back at the lake!" She says walking away from the crowd of campers and everyone scattering away to get there stuff.

I finally spot Ashton with the guys and walk over to them. I wonder if last night meant that Ashton understood why Jasper gave me that kiss and that it wasn't my fault. Thinking about it, I wonder when he is going to be coming back and released from the hospital. 

"Hey guys" I say to the four Australian boys staring back at me. They smile back and Ashton says, "Can I talk to you alone for a sec". I nod and my hands are sweating from how nervous I am. Ashton is moving his hand through his messy, wavy hair and looks down. He looks just as nervous as I do.

We both walk over to a nearby tree and we are both silent for about thirty seconds which makes my heart beat faster. 

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask him putting my hair behind my ear. He looks back at me and says, "Luke told me what happened."

"And what do you think about the whole situation?" I ask looking down at my shoes and staring back at him.

"I understand Karisma. I understand." He says and smiles the sweetest smile showing off his deep dimples. 

"Oh thank goodness Ashton! I thought you were going to break up with me or something." I say in relief and run to him to give him a big hug. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek. I have butterflies all over my stomach. 

"Now that I have you, I never want to lose you. Especially not by a guy who wants to ruin our relationship" He says unwrapping his arms from me and holding my hands. 

"He's not that bad Ashton, he has been through a lot and I understand why he does the things he does." I say protecting Jasper. 

"Kari, please promise me that you have no feelings for that guy." He says in a low and sad tone.

"Ash, I promise. I love you and only you. Just like you told me you loved me last night when you sneaked into my cabin." I tell him as my cheeks turn pink and I let out a chuckle.

"Wait, what?" He says confused.

"Oh don't act so innocent, I know it was you. You slept all night with me as I rested my head on your chest and you had your long arms around me." I say giving him a smirk, but he looked at me like I was crazy.