A

aristotal

aristotal

Agreement: An offer for sale or use of property, or the performance of a service or promise, by a party entitled to make such an offer, in exchange for a consideration of perceived equitable value, tendered by the receiving party upon acceptance of the offer.

Author: the original creator of the subject in question. For example; God was the creator of the universe, that is, its author. Thomas Payne is the inspirational author of the Declaration of Independence. Albert Einstein is the author of Relativity Theory, Etc.

Authority: the right of authorship which is owned by the creator of a notion or physical property. The passage by the author of this right to another, or by one who has studied the idea or property and who understands it fully . Not synonymous with the political usage of the term, such as "police authority," which is a false application of the term in that the individual, or entity, claiming authority did not create, discover, or innovate any applicable concept, nor have they been vested the right of authority by the real author.

A vote or, societal acceptance of claimed authority, as having been granted or implied by democratic process or by passive acceptance does not vest this right for the same reason, absence of ownership. Authority over another, or group member as it is when plagiarized by political constructs, can only be granted  by contractual agreement or unanimously if by a group.