Quest Day One

Chapter Nine

     The twins, Princes and Rafael continued on with their journey for a few more hours before finally stopping for a meal nearby in a village named Acosta. Throughout the whole remaining journey, Prince Rosario, Prince Ignazio and Rafael were still amazed with how the twins could use their powers to play tricks on them. "Anyone alright with this?" Rafael asked the rest of them as they stopped outside a popular diner named the Bistro that sold the best food in the village. The group did bring a lot of food for their journey.

     However, they had decided to save their supply of food for times that they really needed during their journey when they were miles away from the villages without any diners or inns or anything that sold food at all for that matter. The rest of the group nodded and were good with Rafael's choice. They were famished and were not really particular about the type of food the restaurant sold. As long as they could have something good to eat, they were okay with it. They kept their horses at the Bistro's stables to rest with a lot of hay for them to eat before entering the Bistro.

      The Princes and Rafael helped Luna and Skyla climb off their horses as they were new and were still getting used to climbing up and down them. The group of five entered the restaurant and happy chatter and laughter greeted them warmly. The Bistro was crowded with a lot of people, but eventually the group managed to find a good and comfortable table to sit at. The twins sat in front of the princes and Rafael, with Rafael and Prince Rosario sitting on the other side of the table facing them and Prince Ignazio sitting at the head of the table in-between Rafael and Luna. The five of them were quiet for a minute, with none of them having the courage to look at each other in the eye. Before this, they had never talked to each other and were still trying to get used to each other's presence. It was Skyla's sudden laughter that broke the gang's awkward silence. Skyla had laughed at something her twin sister had said about the boys being super stiff and making a joke about them acting like the three stooges.

    "Something amusing you?" Prince Rosario asked Skyla with a smirk and his eyebrows raised. Skyla's cheeks burned a bright scarlet red to which she responded, "None of your business," Skyla replied with a shy smile as she tried to control and suppress her laugher. It was the first time the Princes and Rafael ever heard Skyla's laughter. Prince Rosario loved Skyla's laughter and thought it was adorable. He even found it cute when she blushed a deep scarlet red. However, what took him by surprise and nearly made him melt on the spot was just how enchanting her shy smile was. "I don't know about you guys but I'm starving," Prince Ignazio said. "Same here," added Luna. "Likewise," Rafael said.

     Prince Ignazio and Rafael called for the waiter to come to their table, who in the end took their orders. After the waiter winked at the twins as he left who of course returned it with a shy smile with the boys sending daggers to the poor guy, the group decided to plan about their journey while waiting for their meals to arrive. They had agreed that they would continue heading northwest on their journey towards a small town named Mont and break by sundown for dinner and camp as Mont was at least two days away from Desvides.

    Mont was home for an old witch by the name Rowena, who could tell one of the first few clues regarding the heritage and parentage of Rafael. She had lived for hundreds of years, so she was knowledgeable about many things and was also a very experienced and wise witch. After they had finished discussing, their meals finally arrived. The group was famished and had immediately started eating. Especially Rafael, who was so hungry that he was eating and chewing at the speed of lightning. "Whoa slow down there," Prince Ignazio said with slight humour in his voice. Rafael, who was too ravenous, did not seem to care or even hear Prince Ignazio's remark.

     The group continued to eat until they were finished, paid the waiter at the Bistro before leaving buying more supplies. "Skyla and I will go this way to get some fruits and maybe some eggs. You guys can go the other way to get more water and maybe some dried seasoned meet and dry biscuits for the trip."Luna suggested. However, Prince Ignazio suggested that the twins and the princes split, with one twin and one prince pairing up together and Rafael joining the other pair. "That's a great idea. We can protect the twins that way," Prince Rosario said. "You can go with Luna while I go with Skyla," he continued. "Who will you join Rafael?" Prince Rosario asked. "I'll join Luna and Prince Ignazio," Rafael told him without hesitation.