The Royal Approval

Chapter Five

King Ambrosio brought Prince Rosario, Prince Ignazio and Rafael to his library where they would not be disturbed. "Alright then lads, what is it that you wanted to discuss with me?" Asked his Majesty King Ambrosio. Prince Rosario sat down on one of the chairs facing his father, and fixed his eyes on his father in full focus and spoke," Father we would like the permission to go for a quest concerning our new friend Rafael." King Ambrosio kept his face neutral so that is colliding feelings would not show.

The King had known his son to be adventurous and knew that once he decided on something he would never back down. It reminded the King, how alike they were. The King was also known to be stubborn and determined, but that was what made him a good king too. " And on what kind of agenda would you be going on a quest for?" The King questioned, while brushing his hair with his hand in a way to make it look casual while observing his son. But Prince Rosario gave nothing away either for so long he had learned that it was wise not to give away your feelings and remain calm. It was also a good time to observe the opponent, in their verbal battleground. Calmly, the Prince answered," Father it involves Rafael's parentage and identity. He was abandoned not knowing who his parents were. He has a medalion necklace as a clue that he was left with when he was just an infant." Prince Rosario felt that was quite convincing and strong a message to his father and was confident that he would win this battle.

"If you don't mind me interrupting, Father-in-law, but it is of great importance that we find out sooner rather than later of Rafael's parentage. As you hear, Rafael sounds like a royal and behaves like one too. Perhaps he could be a foreign prince.... That would make a valuable ally in days to come." Argued Prince Ignazio. The King considered what the two boys said and it did make sense to him. What Prince Ignazio said was logical as well and if so there was no harm to let the boys find out. It would also help them understand the world better anyway just like King Raniero. After what seemed a century to the boys, King Ambrosio finally spoke. " You have my permission but you three are not going alone, mind you. There are many dangers outside of the castle and it would be good if you had a person or rather a trio that knows of the dangers," Said King Ambrosio. " Who might these people be,father?" Prince Rosario lamented, all attention on his beloved father.

His father then answered," My son, there will be a warlock and two of his apprentices coming to Desvidas. They are arriving on the morrow. I will tell your mother and Ignazio's parents that after tomorrow you will be leaving with the warlock's two apprentices. Should you have any trouble when you journey ask them for assistance." Once that was over, the three of them were dismissed.

"Yes!!!" Cheered Rosario as the three sat in Rosario's saloon. "Yes indeed! That was magnificent Rosario! We managed to convince your father!" Exclaimed Ignazio, giving Rosario a good natured pat on the back. " No no don't give all the credit to me. You did splendidly too my friend. You made sure he was convinced and that was no small thing you accomplished." Rosario protested. "Now now, the both of you did well. And you have my thanks for making this journey possible in search of my own parentage and identity. I thank you from the bottom of my heart." Rafael cutted in and was given the duo's attention. The two went up to him and Rosario told him," We are very lucky to have you with us,Rafael. Perhaps you are a prince like what Ignazio assumed." " Yes perhaps," echoed Prince Ignazio," but let's get ourselves ready for the journey now. Tomorrow we shall meet the magic users!"

                   "Yes let's get on with it then." Rafael chirped excitedly. The trio started packing bringing only what they needed. Had the Queens known they were traveling they would have packed for them, more than three suitcases. That of course, would be a big problem for the three of them. They brought with them five plain looking shirts that look like the ones pirates wore, three pairs of breeches and all the necessities. Once that was done, they went to the stables, picked their horses and straddled their packs on them, ready for the day to come.  The sun was alread coming down by the time they finished. The trio watched the sun go down, lying on the grass in the Royal Garden, seeing the sky turn blue to beautiful hues of pinks, purples and orange then turn to a deep tone of orange and red. Once the sun finally went down, the sky went to a dark blue and the stars began to pop up one by one. After a few minutes, the trio gazed at the star-studded sky and saw a shooting star pass by. Each of them, making a wish upon that very star.  Rafael suddenly stood up and looked down at the other two who were still in a daze and said," Come, its time for dinner. We have to wash up before anything else, we still smell like we were in the stables." The royal duo reluctantly stood up as well and walked with Rafael to the castle and went to the Royal Baths to bathe.

     Once they were nice and clean, the lot came to the dining room and ate with the Royal Families. "Hello boys! Ah Rafael! Come sit close to us you don't have to sit so far away like you did the other day. We don't bite!" Greeted Queen Iris as she fussed about the seating arrangements which caused Prince Rosario to blush a deep red as his mother continued to fuss but this time on what he was eating. Queen  Adrastea joined Queen Iris and they both started filling his plate and ordered one of the servants to fill his glass of water. It was not just Prince Rosario blushing but Prince Ignazio for his mother's overly exaggerated display of motherly love. Rafael was without a doubt confused by the Queens' fuss over his food and water. It was as though he was a baby like the duo Aurelio and Sierra but even then they were not given the same kind of attention he was getting. Rafael to the Queens in question unlocked their motherly side. It was as though he opened the door to the more womanly part of themselves, which was probably why they were mothering him as such. While all this was happening, King Ambrosio and King Luca were enjoying the moment and even laughed out loud when Queen Adrastea wiped Rafael's mouth from some of the tomato based sauce on his cheek with a napkin and told him to eat more. They laughed even harder when Rafael choked on his food and Queen Iris brought his glass of water to his lips and help hold it there for him to drink slowly.  When Rafael finally finished dinner, the two kings were bent over laughing and were red in the face that resembled ripe tomatoes. This act received a good glare from Queen Iris and Queen Adrastea and gave them their due punishment. The next morning, both Kings would eat a breakfast fit for a servant for the way they laughed at Rafael and the Queens' display of motherly love.