The Request Of The Kingdom

Chapter Seven

"Skyla have you noticed the way Prince Rosario has been looking at you? It is so obvious how he feels about you." Luna gushed, both twins sitting on their queen-sized bed. Skyla blushed a deep red. She had noticed the way he had looked at her. She pretended she did not see it, but she could feel the intensity of his stare on her. " Yes, I have Luna. It's not that hard to notice. He isn't embarrassed about it." Skyla stated. Luna had seen the way Prince Rosario looked at her sister. It was honestly entertaining, seeing how jealous the Prince was when Skyla was laughing with King Ambrosio or any man that came up to her. He would glare at the person until they looked to him and found him glaring saying with his eyes," that girl is mine" and continue to glare at them until they excused themselves, of course it did not reach his father who happily chatted and laughed away. It was even more so, when his younger brother, Prince Aurelio got to sit on her lap and got smothered in kisses, which he happily accepted,giggled and kissed her on her cheeks. Prince Rosario pouted and refused to look at them so he looked to Luna and asked all sorts of questions on the topic of Skyla. Luna, thought that Skyla and Prince Rosario would make a good match. It seemed to Luna that Prince Rosario liked tough girls better than the easy ones. He found it more challenging. It was clear that the Prince enjoyed challenges. "Skyla, keep up the "hard to get" act. It seems his royal highness likes it." Luna informed her sister, who nodded in agreement.

Luna then asked Skyla what she liked about him. Which unexpectedly, unfused an unknown tap that Skyla had kept on tight control. Skyla started gushing about Prince Rosario's very tight, toned muscles which was very obvious, because you could see his muscles protruding from his long shirts. She even liked the way he walked, as graceful as a cat, and how she appreciated a man with good looks and a brain to boot. Skyla always liked a guy with brains, and a wicked tongue at that. Who wouldn't like a man with guts and a brain? I'll tell you.... No one. Every girl likes a guy with intellect and is brave. Who would want a coward of a man? Someone who is afraid even of his own mother? Exactly. My point. Anyway, we all know that men such as those are hard to come by, and Luna knew that. Although her lovestruck sister, Skyla had no clue of it. It was probably better that way. However, Luna noticed, Skyla was very good at making Prince Rosario jealous. He kept wanting more and more of her attention. To which she seldom gave.

Perhaps though, she might like to give the Prince some encouragement. Or else he would quickly lose interest in her. Either way, Skyla knew how to play, really well.

Skyla, after waking from her day dream then rained Luna with questions, asking her if she liked Rafael or Prince Ignazio. Luna though told her that she looked at them as acquaintances, not yet on a personal level. With that kind of answer, the older sister knew she might have to urge the boys to be more obvious. But to be honest, Skyla would probably urge Rafael, since she thought he suited her younger and extremely careful sister. Luna was beautiful. Not just her appearance but also her soul. She was wise, compassionate and many more but her weakness was not being able to trust someone easily. After all that had happened to them, Skyla knew that her sister, Luna had sheltered her from the worst things imaginable. She knew exactly how much Luna loved her. To the extent of sacrificing herself for her. But for the very same reason, she became unapproachable to others. Although nobody could see it, but if you were to try to get closer to her, you could feel her wall come up and you would instantly know that the relationship would not go far like you want it to. That was exactly why, Skyla was convinced that she had to help her sister, even if she did not understand why. Skyla loved her little sister with all her heart, and she knew that her sister was caged. Even Skyla knew that. Luna was caged in her own cage that kept herself locked up. It was as though, there were chains and a lock on her heart to care for anyone else except her sister. Skyla was determined to set her free. Free her of her own inprisonment. But of course, that would have to happen tomorrow. For she knew that the King had something to say, and so did Luna. The twins said good night to each other and fell asleep on their bed.