[Chapter Thirteen]

Start from the beginning

She groans, very loudly. "Don't tease me! Please tell me your commitments won't take long, and promise me this weekend was filled with boys and shopping," she begs.

Lucy makes me giggle. "It was an amazing weekend, and I have a present for you as well."

"Don't even!" she screams excitedly.

"Seriously though, what should I do about this outfit?" I ask.

"Hm..." I can imagine her playing with her hair as she things, she's done that so many times, it's burned into my memory. "I'm thinking a belt, the black one you borrowed and haven't returned yet would look nice," she suggest.

"Thanks, I'll give it back to you after," I offer.

"Sure." She laughs.

"Thank you for your help Lucy, I'll see you soon." Hanging up the phone, I rush back into my room so that I can begin setting up my computer. Instead of finding a computer on my desk, there's a large white rectangle box with a red ribbon tied around it.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe it." I untie the ribbon and pull the box lid off. Sitting inside the box, and propped up by tissue paper is a white sparkly mask. Taking the mask from the box, I put it on and face the mirror on my wardrobe door.

From the light coming through my window, it's very sparkly, and cute. I can't believe my family got this for me – that's so cute.

When I grab the box, I notice the significant weight difference. I pull out the tissue paper and find another box sitting inside it.

"Oh my gosh!" I shout out. There's a brand new, shiny laptop inside with a note resting on top.

'Dear Riley,

Congratulations on the record deal, we are so very proud of you!

Love,

Dad, Mum, and Hannah.'

I place the laptop on the desk and open the lid. I hit the start button and use the old login password from my previous computer. The home screen pops open and I open the Skype program.

Exactly at ten, a notification pops up and I accept the offer. Their video screen opens up instantly, and I get the chance to see the interview.  She's a chubby girl with medium brown hair and a fringe. From the hair style, she looks like a teenager, but if you look closer – you can see the small creases around her eyes, which gives me the final impression she's in her early twenties.

"I can't believe I'm the first person to interview you, this is amazing, I'm a huge fan of your work," the girl gushes.

"I know, I'm so excited," I respond.

"I totally feel the same way." 

 "Now, I only have thirty minutes, and about a million questions to ask you." 

"Well, I'm all yours." I nod my head happily.  

"Firstly, I want to acknowledge this new mask of yours – it's beautiful, where did you get it?" she asks.

"Uh, I just got it actually. A gift from my parents, but thank you." 

"Amazing, I'm the first person to see it, I feel so special," she gushes again. "I posted an alert on my websites last night announcing my interview with you, and people flooded me with questions," she explains. 

"Awesome news then, I live for answering questions." I giggle.

"Our first question is, do you have a boy crush back at home?"