Sixteen.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Laoag International Airport. Local time is 01:25 AM.

On behalf of TigerAir Philippines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a great night!"

It took them only four and a half hours to get to Laoag City, Ilocos Norte. They arrived an hour and a half past midnight.

"So, where to? Saan tayo unang pupunta? Ay wait, tayo ka dyan. Yan. I'll take a picture of you. Ayaaaaan! Selfie naman, RJ. Dali na! One two, smile.. Perfect!"

All he could do was watch her. It's one thirty in the morning, they just got off a four hour flight and yet, Maine has an energy of a five year-old on a sugar rush. She's all smiles and busy taking pictures with her camera.

"Wala ka naman masyadong energy, ano po?"

"Hahaha, very light lang. Inaantok na rin ako, actually. Just got a little excited again when we landed. Sorry." She said cheekily.

"Walang problema."

"So, saan na tayo? Where are we staying?"

"I made reservations bago tayo umalis. Ang sabi nung sa resort, may private van daw na magpipick-up sa atin dito. Sandali, I'll go ahead and check."

After waiting for a few minutes, the private van from the resort where RJ called in the reservation, arrived. It took them almost thirty minutes to get to the resort located in the heart of Currimao, Ilocos Norte.

"Good morning, Maam and Sir. Welcome to Playa Tropical Resort!"

Richard and Maine was welcomed by friendly staff covering the graveyard shift of the resort. Technically, they do not accept check-ins at that hour but since he made reservation and with the help of a friend, he was able to push it through.

They will be staying at Playa Tropical Resort.

Playa Tropical Resort is a Balinese-inspired paradise of the North.

When they arrived, she could barely see anything but the lights outside the villas, so she decided not to make an effort in scanning the place. While she waits, RJ approached the receptionist to ask for their rooms. Few minutes later, RJ was walking back to her with scowled face.

Uh oh. Something's wrong.

"Hey.."

"O, RJ. Are we all set?"

"Okay, here's the thing. Medyo nagkaron ng misunderstanding about the accommodation. About the rooms. Ano kasi.. Paano ba.. Maine, kasi.."

"Richard? Relax. Inhale. Exhale."

RJ heaved a deep sigh, god knows how deep.

"Okay, go."

"Maine, kasi yung rooms. Well, itong resort, they do not offer rooms. I mean, wala sila yung paisa isang room. What they have are villas. So, basically.. What will happen is.."

"..is we will be staying in one villa? Together?"

"Uhhmmm, yes."

"Oh."

"Pero wait. Here's the thing. So diba, villa villa lang. Pero sa bawat villa, they have separate rooms inside. Tinanong ko na sila and they have an available villa na may 2 bedrooms. If okay sayo, we can get that one. Hiwalay naman, promise."

"Ah o --"

"Pero kung ayaw mo, pwede naman tayong maghanap ng iba. Kaya lang, hassle ng konti kasi kelangan pa rin natin magpaumaga muna dito. But either way, kung saan ka komportable, we'll go with that."