Nine.

"Hala?"

"See?"

Richard was in doing his weekly inventories in Rosario's when it started raining. As he sat down, he could hear the beat of the rain against the window and the rooftop.

Rooftop.

One simple word brought back too many memories, too many emotions, too many regrets. But just one person.

Her.

Richard tried really hard to focus on what he was doing and after so many attempts of getting her out of his head, he found himself fixing his things and driving his way to the Mendoza's.

When he got there, it was as if it was a daily routine that without asking any further, Tita Helen directed him to the patio where Maine was apparently having a coffee.

And now, there he is. With her. Staring at the rooftop that was completely different from what he could remember.

"Hindi na pala covered itong rooftop nyo?"

"Why do you think I was staying in the patio? I was trying to tell you, kung makakaladkad ka naman, wagas."

"Sorry, hindi ko naman alam na hindi na pala covered dito. Akala ko pwede pa'ng tambayan."

"Pwede naman kasing magtanong muna sana."

He looked at her and smiled sheepishly - practically admitting what he did was a spur of the moment.

"Hehehe, sorry. Akala ko magugustuhan mo. You loved this place."

She smiled, staring at the horizon. "I still do. Pero nung nakita ko kanina na it was a little gloomy, I figured it will rain. Since hindi na nga covered, I decided to stay sa patio."

"Sayang naman."

"Bakit?"

"We loved staying here."

They both secretly held their breaths.

Ano ba naman, RJ! She thought.

Susmaryosep. Sana kainin na ako ng lupa. He thought.

Pareho silang natahimik. Silence surrounded them like stars in a freckled night sky. They took the time to watch the sky cry and listened to the calming sound of the rain.

Wala silang ginawa sa loob ng ilang minuto. They just stood there, side by side, Richard still holding her cup of coffee.

Then he broke the ice when, out of the blue, he giggled and went back inside.

"Hala, nabuang na."

When he came back, he's no longer holding her cup of coffee and he has taken his shoes off.

"San ka nagpunta?"

"Nagtanggal ng sapatos."

"Bakit?"

"I just had a crazy idea."

With a grin of his face, he started walking towards the rain. Not taking his gaze off of her, he started to run all over the rooftop, with his arms wide, catching the rain.

"Huy Richard! Ano ka ba, ang lakas lakas ng ulan. Baka magkasakit ka!"

"Ano ka rin ba? Napaka-inviting ng ulan oh. Tara na!"

"Ayoko! Napakalamig nyan!"

"Para ka namang hindi nanirahan sa ibang bansa ng limang taon? Tara na! We both know you love the rain. Wag mo ng pigilan, Menggay!"