Fourteen.

Finishing up his fourth bottle of ice cold beer, Richard searched the once filled and loud room.

Just as what was agreed upon, they spent the day out with the entire barkada - including Maine. Everyone was there. Everyone had a grand time. They spent the day having fun, not worrying about their old busy lives. It felt like they were dragged six years back to enjoy for at least one whole day.

Instead of simply going out for a swim, they decided to go in a place where they can do much more than just swimming.

They went to Lola Mommy's Rainforest, still located in Marilog. The Lola Mommy's Rainforest is a small villa resort surrounded by lush pine trees. Its man-made lagoon that reflects the rich greenery is its main attraction. The resort also offered a zipline that passes through the lagoon which they tried playfully as they eventually lets go from the zipline once they reach the middle, making them fall in to the water.

He smiled when he remembered witnessing the old Nicomaine today. At first, he noticed that Maine was a little aloof. Her moves were awkward and calculated, as if she was trying to see if can act the same way as she did six years ago or if things were completely different.

The whole time, without anyone knowing, RJ was simply watching her. Wearing a beige coloured off-shoulder romper and her hair tied up in a messy yet insanely attractive high bun, she was a sight for a sore eye. He felt he can spend the entire day just simply watching her. But of course, nothing is going to happen if he'd settle for ogling. When he finally got the chance, he approached her.

"Uy! Okay ka lang?"

"Uy, hi! Oo naman, okay ako."

"Sigurado ka? Parang naiilang ka eh. You can tell me."

"Uhm, konti. Hehe. Sorry, it's been a long time."

"Ano ka ba, kami pa rin to, Maine. Nothing new. Well, except sa fact na parents na yung iba, wala namang nagbago. Mga loko loko pa rin lahat." He laughed to shrug off the idea that he just mentioned "parents". They could've been one of those. "Kaya loosen up and have fun. Alam mo, tara!"

"Ha? Saan?"

"Basta, let's go. Iwan mo yung phone mo dyan para hindi mabasa."

"Mabasa? Ano? Bakit? Huy, RJ!!"

He took her hand but immediately lets go of it as he suddenly felt something else.

RJ, kalma.

He shrug it off and took her hand back -- held it even more tighter -- as he lead the way.

"Hala! RJ, sandali! Hindi ko kaya yan!"

"Menggay, wag kang ano! We used to do this all the time sa Epol Falls dati. Halika na, dito."

He then grabbed her by the shoulders as he turned to the guy operating the activity. He had to take a few seconds to himself before he started talking. When he held her hand earlier, he felt a light jolt of electricity through his veins. Cliché as it is, but yes, the spark is indeed still there.

And Maine felt it too, when she felt the warm feel of his palms on her bare shoulders and the sound of his slightly hoarse voice mentioning the things they used to do together years ago, she felt shivers down her spine. She couldn't deny the fact that he still has an effect on her.

"Kuya, set up mo na sya. Ready na 'to."

"RJ, sandali. Ang tagal ko ng hindi nagagawa 'to. Wait lang naman."

"Ano ka ba, gustung-gusto mong gawin 'to dati. Kaya mo yan. Kumalas ka pag nasa gitna ka na ha. Para sa lagoon ka na babagsak. Sakto yan, Maine, init na init ka kanina diba? Kuya, okay na?"