28. Into the Coral Reef

Start from the beginning

I remained awkwardly quiet as I watched Xavier eat. I wanted to ask him so many questions to get to know him, but I feel like I would come off as weird and pushy.

His silver eyes quickly met mine as he swallowed his food. "You okay?" He breathed.

"I-I'm fine." I subtly narrowed my eyes at him, insanely curious as to how I can ask him the things I want to ask.

He let out a deep chuckle. "You stuttered." He clenched his sharp jaw at me. "That means you're not fine."

I deeply sighed to myself as I decided to finally let it out. "Xavier, I feel like there's some things that your not telling me. And I kinda feel annoyed because I tell you everything."

"Like what?" His voice let out casually, sticking the fork back into his mouth.

"Like, how did you not need the money that Mr. David gave us? You could be a really famous drug dealer for all I know." I spoke, my voice remaining serious as he laughed.

He took a second to finish swallowing his food as I kept my eyes at him. He then started to talk, which was a signal for me to brace myself from anything coming.

Xavier's steel sword eyes pierced through mine as he began to speak. "When my dad died, I took over his business. And I also got some money off of him, which was a lot. I mean I'm talking millions. It won't be that easy for it to be accessible to me just yet though."

My eyes widened as I heard him explain everything. "We're you guys a rich family?" My voice kept speaking softly.

"Have you ever heard of Feline Black?" He queried out of nowhere, catching me off guard.

I blinked my eyes a few times. "A-ah yea of course. The expensive shoe company?"

"Yea." He nodded his head at me.

"What about it?"

"My dad co owned it." The second the words came out of his mouth, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Like to ever!" I anxiously laughed, observing his straight face, which made me subtly scared if he was serious.

Silence broke out as I watched him continue to eat.

Feline Black is a multi billionaire company that sells shoes for the public and celebrities. I do remember seeing on the news that Feline Black's CEO was gonna change into someone else. But there's no way in hell that my boyfriend is a billionaire that makes heels and boots for freaking Beyoncé!

I decided to break the silence. "Xavier seriously? I won't judge you if you secretly flip burgers."

He let out an annoyed sigh. "Arielle, you asked what I do for a living. And that's what it is. I'm the co owner of Feline Black, for now." He looked at me dryly, his tone of voice sounding extremely genuine. "Sounds cheesy right?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "I don't believe you. I thought you wanted to be a photographer?"

He looked down at his plate. "Which brings me to the next thing I was gonna talk about." One of his hands pushed away his plate, then resting his arms on the table. "Since I only wanna be the co owner temporarily, I have to go settle it with one of my brothers."