Chapter 5

Warnings: None

     ~Lachlan's  P.O.V.~

"Level 3: Kirby super star ultra... Beat King Dedede to win." I read to Vikk and I, as once again, we are teleported into a game.

Kirby, a classic game that everyone loves, is something I used to play quite a while ago. And to be honest I still do.

     From the moment we spawn into the game, and from the first look at one another... We're on the ground, in tears laughing. Even thought is still us... We are now adorable little puff balls, aka, kirbys. The only difference is that instead of kirbys classic bubblegum pink, we're in our respective colours, according to our minecraft skins. Myself, being a darkish red Kirby, and Vikk being a navy blue. But just the look. The cute, puffy, round appearance we now wear, mixed with are personalities is enough to send us over the edge. Like honestly... Just image... An Australain, and a British Kirby, not with kiddish voices, but that of two full grown men.

     "You look ridiculous!"
     "Well so do you Lachlan!" Vikk retorts, tears spilling out of his eyes.

     Needless to say it takes us a good few minutes to calm down, although still rather giggly in the end. We turn around and gaze at the huge double doors in front of us, a star implanted in the middle. Hey look it's a star! Just for Vikk! Or should I say,Vikkstar123. I smile at the thought.

"Hey Vikk, have you ever played Kirby before?" I question, eyeing the doors up and down.
"I have actually, and I don't think we need to worry because the first King Dedede fight is fairly easy. You know how the game works right? We eat other monsters and can either use them as allies or gain their powers."
"Yeah I knew that. So I'm guessing that before we battle him we should get some powers yeah?"
"Yep. So let's get a bit of training in first before we try and take him on. Look for the little rock monsters, they'll give you the best powers for this fight." I he informs me as I nods and we each take a separate path down the golden plated hall.

Not even a minute later and I've already encountered the rock monster I had mentioned to Vikk. It was about the size I was, and basically a rock with feet, eyes, and a blue bandana. Rocky is its name if I recall correctly...

     Running up to it, I open my mouth wide and inhale deeply, successfully drawing in and eating the rocky

Running up to it, I open my mouth wide and inhale deeply, successfully drawing in and eating the rocky. Gaining its powers, I watch as my previously brick red body turns a clay colour. I can also feel a hat of sorts plop onto my head but seeing as my arms are to small to reach up and grab it, I'm not able to see it. Feeling confident with my skills, instead of continuing to train I start heading back to the doors. Upon arriving I notice Vikk too is making his way back to the doors.

     "You ready to go then?" He calls, approaching me.

     I notice he also found a rocky and gained its powers, considering his now changed colour. I nod as a reply and we open the doors together, stepping through.

There's a bright flash and suddenly were standing inside of a big area, or boxing ring to be exact. Monsters from Kirby seated all around the room, cheering and hollering. Vikk and I are placed in the right corner and on the opposite end stand none other than King Dedede himself. A hat upon his head with a small gem, the large penguin stands there, looming over us with a smug smile across his face. His face is blue and he's wearing a costume of sorts, covering his bulging stomach. He also wears a red cape and in his gloved flippers, A humongous hammer with a star on either end. Lachlan and I can tell that even though he looks slow, he is actually quite agile.

    Soon enough and he's moving towards us with tremendous speed, holding his hammer high above his head. And all at once many things occur. The king swing his hammer toward me which I begin to jump over, as Vikk flys towards the king, ready to transform into a rock above him to conflict damage. But as this is happening the king redirects his course towards Vikk, leading me crashing to the ground and Vikk being slammed across the arena. Thudding to the ground, I don't have time to try and rescue him as the King jumps over him, preparing to slam down. But instead the dazed Vikk, vaguely aware of the event occurring, simply crouches down into a blocking position. Although  still damaged, the block provides him with enough ground to stay in place, causing the King to fall backwards. At this moment I jump up and turn into a rock, slamming into the King and causing a loud squawk to resonate within his throat.

     He throws me off and before he can hammer me I feint backwards, causing him to fall onto his stomach. This lets Vikk come up behind him and slam into him, reducing his health down to 75%.

     "Wanna play a game of ping pong Vikk?" I call, dodging as the King tries to lunge at me, only resulting in falling again.
He snickers, nodding, "Let's do this!"

     And so, Vikk and I take turns avoiding blows from his mighty hammer and letting the other slam into him when finally after a few rounds he's down to one hit left. With one last boost of energy he lunges at me. But myself being much quicker I simply duck, joining Vikk in a double slam onto his back. And with that he lets out an shriek and sails out of the ring, returning us to the portal area,

     "Oh come on, I wanted another go at him!" Vikk jokes, pretending to turn into a rock and thud to the ground.

     I chuckle lightly at his childish acting, rolling my eyes and stepping up to the fourth button. Without any confirmation from him I push the small button with a click and the portal for a fourth time springs back to life.

     "And where will the portal take us now?" I muse, heading through the purple mist alongside Vikk to glance at the sign in horror.

     "Well, crap."

~~~