Chapter 1

Warnings: None

    ~Vikk's P.O.V~

Ah spring. A time of blooming flowers, adorable baby animals, budding trees, and of course... Spring cleaning. Unless you're in Canada. Then the ground is still most likely covered in snow. Just a month or so ago, I moved to the U.S.A. deciding I wanted to live in the country most of my buddies lived in. Not to mention the weather was, and still is, much better compared to my previous town. I was going to move into a more tropical area, like Florida, but instead I found out that Lachlan was also moving to the U.S.A. As it turned out, he was moving a bit further north than my preferences were. But seeing as he didn't really have and close friends living near him in Australia, and he was my closet friend, I made up my mind that I would move as close to him as I could. Although the closest house for sale to his was at least half an hour away, it was a nice house with a welcoming neighbour hood, and so we began to adjust to our new homes.

And so here I am, finally getting around to moving the rest of the furniture in. To be truthful, the only things really set up are my kitchen, computers, and just basic furniture like my bed and whatnot. So far the only thing I've really gotten close to finishing is my bedroom... And even that still isn't quite finished.

    Stepping into what's supposed to be my living room (which at this point I've dubbed the "can't be bothered to move this crap" room) I step around the boxes piled around me, mindful of not knocking into any since they are very unstable. Scanning the clutter, my eyes land upon my nightstand, which I need to drag out from under this mess and move it into my room. Carefully removing the boxes from the nightstand and piling them onto other towers of clutter, I slowly free the nightstand from its prison and manage to maneuver it into the hallway. From there I gently lay it across my arms and awkwardly waddle towards my bedroom, trying not to drop the heavy structure.

     Finally arriving at my destination, I set down the nightstand beside my bed and place my alarm clock and lamp upon it, which I had laid out on the bed earlier to be set there when I finally got around to moving it in. Stooping down to plug in the cords, my phone starts vibrating in my pocket and ringing rather loudly. So loud in fact, I jerk back and hit my head off the edge of the nightstand, cursing under my breath. Hastily, I pull out the phone and accept the call.

     "Hello?" I speak into the device, rubbing the back of my head gingerly.
     "Hey Vikky it's me!" An all to familiar Australian accent greets, improving my mood slightly.
     "Lachlan! I'm glad to hear you called! Now I can take a break from trying to organize my stuff."
     "You Still haven't finished setting up your house yet?" He asks, a teasing tone hovering in his voice.
     "It's hard work y'know! And it's not my fault I'm not as strong as you, Mr. try-hard."
      I chuckle as Lachlan gasps in an jokingly offended manner.
     "Anyways, you called so I'm assuming you have something to tell me?" I question, plopping down onto my bed and swinging my legs.
      "I do actually. I was wondering if you'd like to come over and play some minecraft with me? Not to record or anything. Just to hang out and have fun like the good ol' days. I've downloaded a map that sounds pretty interesting, although I haven't tried it myself. It says it's an adventure map that includes then different games into it, and you have to complete each level in order to win. But other than that all it really says is 'Anything is possible'"
     "Sounds interesting, I'll be over in a few."
     "Oh so you are coming? I thought you might want to get back to all the hard work you've been doing."
     "Oi, don't be a Darude sandstormer! I've been working very hard for the last hour if you must know. Anyways I'll cya soon Okay?"
     "Yeah cya soon Vikk."
     "Bye."
And with that I hang up and shove my phone into my pocket before dashing to grab my keys and shooting out the door.

- Time Skip to Lachlan's house -

Knock knock knock knock knock

"Hey Vikk! Come on in" Lachlan beams as the door swings open only a few seconds later. He steps out of the way and gestures for me to pass. So I nod a thanks and walk through the door, taking it all in as Lachlan locks it behind us.

"Well Vikk, what do ya think? It's not bad eh?"
"Yeah it's actually not bad. I'm pretty impressed."

I follow behind him as he leads me through his house and finally jogging up the stairs to what I assume but be his office. And just as I expected, there sit his three computers, all nicely set up along with his microphone and various other small decorations. I wander over to the desk where I see little figurines of the whole pack, probably made by a fan and given as a gift.

"So let's get on with it shall we?" Lachlan states, sitting down and logging on both of the computers. We start up Minecraft and he points out which resource pack to use.

"Ready Vikk?"
"Mmhm. Alrighty then. Three... Two... One... GO!"

We click the world at the same time but nothing happens. So assuming it must be laggy we wait a few seconds... But to no avail. I turn to ask Lachlan if he knows why it isn't working when suddenly both of our screens light up insanely brightly, almost blinding us.

"What's happening?!" I shout, trying to shield my eyes.
"I-I don't know!" Lachlan shouts back, pushing his chair away from the screen and trying to stand up, but only succeeding in tripping and falling backwards.

Then suddenly the whole room is engulfed in a bright flash of white light. But only momentarily, before it all goes black.

~~~

I hope u guys enjoyed the first chapter. I'm not one to really put a note on every chapter so you won't see this often haha (lazy I know)

Just thought I'd let you know that the chapter may vary in length... Well I mean they always will but I mean some might be really short and some really long. It really depends on what their doing and how creative I'm feeling. 😄

Hope you enjoy the rest of this book!

-DarkDisco7

~~~