Chapter 3

I'm sorry it's still in Lachlan's P.O.V, I try to switch them every chapter but with the way I have the book planned out I need to keep it like this, haha sorry~ Enjoy <3

Warnings: A little gory.

~Lachlan's P.O.V~

     Suddenly, one by one, other minecraft characters spawn on each of the pedestals until they are completely filled up. I wonder if these people got tricked too... Or if they're not real at all... Then as I'm about to express my thoughts to Vikk, an unseen announcer springs to life.

       "The tournament with start in! Three! Two! One! GO and good luck!"

      Without another thought, I dash from my pedestal towards the centre of the map where eight chests awaited looting. I grab what I can before turning on my heels and dashing away, luckily escaping with not one hit from another player. I spot Vikk who is hiding behind a tree and waving at me, so I adjust my course and sprint over to him.

      "What did you get Lachlan?" He questions as I approach, bending over and catching my breath.
       I look up and my inventory pops up in front of me, "I got an iron helmet, chain leggings, iron leggings, and a stone axe. How about you?"
       "I got a gold chestplate, gold boots, three cooked fish, a piece of raw pork chop and finally a wooden sword."

       I nod, handing him my iron leggings, and in return he hands my the raw pork chop and his boots. But before I can even say thank you, before I can even put the armour on, a whizzing sound splits through the air and an arrow finds its way right into my upper arm. I shriek in pain and the ten hearts appear in front of me again and the total ten goes down by one and a half. Not only that but blood soon starts gushing out of the wound, as I pull the arrow out, ripping some of my skin on the way.

        We both whip around to see a girl with light brown hair and a purple and black striped shirt hiding behind a tree. She loads another arrow into her bow and let's it sail straight towards my head. Luckily I roll out of the way before it can hit me, clutching onto my arm the whole time. Vikk in turn charges at her, sword drawn, and proceeds to stab he a few times before slashing her body completely in half. But instead of blood, her body just breaks into a million different pixels which fall to ground beside her loot. He picks up the items and returns to me, carrying them in his arms.

        "You alright Lachy?" Vikk worries, handing me some baked potatoes.
        "I'm alright... But did you notice that when she hit me, I bled but when we killed her she just broke into pixels? That means we don't have to feel bad for killing them because they aren't actually real!"

       Vikk nods in agreement and finally we get a chance to actually put on our armour. And now at least we have a bit more food and Vikk has a bow. But... My arm is still bleeding and the pain certainty isn't going away either. I dare to glance down at the damage and sigh in relief when I see the wound isn't as big or deep as I had originally thought. And so we continue onwards, our eyes peeled for any suspicious movements.

~Time skip three-harder than they probably should have been-kills later~

     "How many people do you think are left Lachlan?" Vikk wheezes, wiping the dust and blood off his face.
     "Not many I hope..."

     For what seems likes hours we've been exploring, looting chests and killing players who got in our way. Although with the increasing difficulty of players with better armour and weapons, the end result leaves us tired, bloody, and dirty.
Vikk is suffering due to a slash to the chest with a sword mostly, although luckily not very serious thanks to his chestplate. My arm still has a hole in it and we're both scratched up from running through the bushes. And let's not forget my poor hair, the recent nice blonde upwards curve is now matted and filthy.