Chapter 4

Hello my fellow wattpad users!😃
Another tribute. Is anyone watching them? I don't know, if so please let me know. Well hopefully you guys will like this chapter. I haven't heard a lot of comments on if anyone likes the story or not so I can't be sure if you guys are happy with my work, is anyone reading this?🤔
Anyway on with the show.

Ezra's pov

I awoke to the sound of Kanan eating, guess we have breakfast. "How long until you were going to wake me up? You know I don't like cold eggs." I said as I sat up yawning, Kanan smiled. "I thought you might want extra sleep considering what happened last night.". I sat down and ate the breakfast Hera I could tell had made, she is the best cook we have. After I finished we sat in awkward silence until it was broken by laughter from both me and Kanan. After about 2 minutes of pure silliness we started to finally talk. "Why are we laughing?" "I have no clue." I stated still chuckling about the incident.

Kanan's pov

We finally snapped out of our laughter fit and smiled at our stupidity. "I never have heard you laugh before." I must of said something wrong cause Ezra's facial expression just went from sky high to lothal's planet core. "Well that's what happens when you get orphaned by the empire, you have to put up shields to protect yourself." he stated bitterly. I then moved my chair closer to him, "What's wrong?". I heard the sound of silent sobbing and tears hitting my table, he was crying. Why did I always have to upset the kid? I put my hand on his shoulder and with my other lifted his chin so his eyes met mine. "Ezra you are safe, no one on this ship will hurt you. There is no longer a need for those shields of yours, we are family here.". He pulled his chin out of my hand to break our eye contact. He hates eye contact but why? "Ezra look at me." He shook his head refusing the idea. "Ezra why don't you like looking me in the eye when we talk about these things?". He froze but then finally spoke "I don't like people looking at my eyes. After all they do say the eyes are the window to the soul. Besides they look weird.". Gasped at what was said. "Ezra Bridger don't talk like that!" I yelled "You have the most brilliant eyes I have ever seen, and once again lower your shields. Nobody here will hurt you, I promise. He started to cry more so I pulled him in for a hug, wrapping my arms around his thin frame. Did he ever eat I thought. Without thinking I picked him up bridal style moved him into my lap. I swear I am never going to let the boy go. Wait what am I even thinking? I'm thinking I just went into full overprotective parent mode that's what! Well surprise I don't care! Whatever makes this child feel safe. He moved out of my grasp hinting he wanted out of the hug so I let him. "Thanks... That was nice." He smiled and wrapped his arms around my neck and sat back down in his chair. I heard a knock on the door and sent Ezra to the other side of the room just in case he tried to run for it.

Ezra's pov

"Would you mind heading over there?" Kanan pointed to the other side other the room. I sighed, he is way too smart apparently. I then saw Kanan whispering with one of the crew members and was handed a big box. Kanan smiled and had the door closed, "Alright close your eyes." what are you up to? I shook my head at the thought of the possibilities and closed my eyes. I heard something being set down on a hard surface and felt Kanan's hands grab mine and guide me over to a place somewhere in Kanan's room. "Okay you can open your eyes now." I opened them and gasped at what I saw. There was a soccer ball, art supplies of every kind known, a karaoke set with two mics, two jump ropes, and some bubbles. "What do you think?" Kanan asked. I smiled and looked at him, I was speechless. "I don't know what to say. Thank you!".

Kanan's pov

He wrapped his arms around me and I gladly returned the gesture. After what felt like what was not long enough an idea came to me. I grabbed  the soccer ball and threw Ezra over my shoulder. This resulted with a freaked out padawan. "Kanan what is the big idea here!?!" I unlocked the door and made my way down the hall to the ramp. "We're just going to play a little game of soccer." I said with Ezra still hung over my shoulder. I felt a sudden spike of joy come from my padawan through the bond. Yeah this is going to be fun I thought.

So is anyone reading this? Please leave a comment would be great

So is anyone reading this? Please leave a comment would be great. Hope you all enjoyed this one.☺

Col out✌❤