Chapter 17

K A T I E

"We keep this love in this photograph, we make these memories for ourselves..." My phone rang.

I slowly dragged my lazy and heavy body across the room, stretching out my hand, reaching out to the table and grabbed my phone, muttering curse words under my breath.I swear the journey was as long as climbing the Everest mountain.

*7:00am: You missed a call from Felix.*

Rage gush into my mind. I swear I'll kill him brutally the time I see him. I would take revenge for my unicorn he just killed in my dreams. She was innocent.

"We keep this....." It rang again. Images of murderous weapons flashed into my mind as a wave of dark aura took control of the atmosphere.

Without looking at the contact name, I picked up and yelled," WHAT THE HELL FELIX, ITS 7 IN THE MORNING WHY DID YOU...."

"Hey Katie chill, it's me," the voice on the other side gave a little chuckle.

I looked down onto my phone and scanned the name written on the screen.

3...

2...

1...

"OHH SHIT SORRY! I thought you were Felix." I quickly apologize, face palming myself for being such an idiot. "What made you call me?"

"Well, we will be having another practice at 9 later. I'm just... uhm... here to ask if you're going?" Ethan asked. His voice sounded shy. It's kind of cute in that way.

"Yeah. Yeah I will. See you there then,"

"See you too,"

A three-minute phone call and I'm already dancing the chicken dance on my super-single bed. But a sudden thought interrupted my victorious glory as I stopped and sat back down.

Felix or Ethan?

••••••••••

I pushed open the door and was surprised to see no one there. I checked my watch and it read 9:10.

I then mentally note myself that I should be late for at least 15 minutes for the next practice. I mean, it's really awkward to wait alone in an empty room and who knows if anyone would suddenly bust in with a loaded gun? Not every girl gets a super handsome hero for rescue.

Okay, forget about the super handsome part, that was lame.

My mind soon drifted off into the muscular abs of superman and the sharp jawline of batman until my all time dream killer appeared again.

"HEYYY KATIE!" A voice shouted from behind and as fast as how Spider-Man can swing, I gave the person behind me the best gift I would ever give him.

A splendid slap. And a really hard one.

I smiled in satisfaction looking at his burnt red face. But still, I blushed a little when he stared kmowingly at me with his bright blue eyes.

I felt an electric shock running up my body as I tensed up, my childish mind finally being able to read the situation.

I turned my face to the left and that's when I realized I can't always turn away from reality.

"Do you know that your eyes are the windows to your soul?"

A warm palm cupped my cheeks and my lips were already pressed against someone's.

It took me a few seconds to realize that our lips were moving naturally in sync and it was added on with a single loop.

I tip toed and wrap my hands around his neck moaning softly as he grabbed my waist in a nice and gentle way. He was so steady and strong at the same time, his arms firm and protective. I felt like a small, weak flower in his arms, and he was the talking tree which sheltered me from the raging storm.

Pixie dust and sparkles don't last long. Fairies didn't always have the time to make them for girls like me.

I took the last second to memorize the taste of his lips and hesitantly pulled back. A tear escaped from my eyes.

"No Felix. We can't do this. You belong to Erica. She's the one you truly like." I whispered as I sobbed, shamefully, my face looking downwards.

All the moments Felix and Erica shared flashed across my mind. I had always knew that Felix and Erica are the ones who truly belonged together. I can't, and I won't, take away the smile from my best friend's face.

I chinned up and gave Felix an apologetic look. He too, had tears in his eyes.

"Sorry I've hurt you. I thought I could protect you," I could feel the sincerity behind his words. I'm just an ordinary teenager. I don't deserve such a good person and I can't be so selfish to take what's not mine.

"Protect Erica. She needs you more than I do," I smiled.

He smiled back.

That was when I finally knew the answer.

Ethan.