Chapter 14

F E L I X

"MATEEEE!!"

I swear if I wasn't in class I would had slapped the person who dares to yelled at me in public.

I raised my hand into the air and was ready to land my mighty palm on a helpless kid and suddenly my hand froze.

I saw a familiar face, with squinted eyes and hands covering her cheeks inches away my palm.

I put down my hand deliberately and laughed.

"I thought u were gonna slap me?" Erica said cheekily with a smirk on her face.

"No I woudn't. That would be just  animal abuse," I replied, looking back on my assignment paper.

My eyes averted to my assignment paper before a sudden score was revealed.

Holy poopers.

I got an A.

Have I gone blind?

Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

My previous assignments have experienced various letter, D, F, E you name it, pretty much anything except an A.

Well, I guess there's a first time for everything.

I wondered if Katie would be happy to see it.

Meh, bullshit. She won't. Because she wouldn't even care.

"Awh you!" Erica slapped my hand, taking revenge on the insult I just made on her.

"Nah just kidding. So whatcha up to?" I moved my concentration back to her.

"Wanna game tonight? You know it's been so long. My hands are getting itchy," Erica suggested, showing me her signature puppy eyes.

Ah, always gets me. Who could possibly say no to that?

"Anything for my best friend," I winked.

We brofist each other and joined Katie and Ethan to the cafeteria.

I just like the way both of us are right now. Friends who can insult each other because we trust each other so much.

She is special to me. And I just wanted to stay that way. Right?

•••••••••••••••••

K A T I E

"So, when would be our next practice?" I started off the topic on the competition.

The auditions are just two weeks away.

Time do really flies.

"I'm free on Thursday," Ethan replied as he took a bite of his red apple.

Argh those mighty white. Always gets me.

"I'm okay if you're okay," Felix gave me a warm smile.

He is just so nice. He supports all my decisions without questioning it.

Gosh Katie what are you thinking.

Focus on the auditions dammit.

In unison, the three of us lay our glance on Erica, who is busy having an appointment on her food as usual.

She gobled up a big piece of chicken before she sensed something and started to look up slowly, staring at the three of us.

"Uh I, I'll try to be punctual?" She mumbled. Her mouth was full of food that the words came out muffled.

Felix raised his knife playfully and so as the two of us.

"You won't want to know what will happen if you're late again," Felix said, with a smirk on his face.

I realised that he has a fade dimple on his right cheeks. It appears everytime he smirks and I find it cute.

OH SHUT UP KATIE NOT AGAIN.

"Okay, okay, I swear I'll be early for 10 minutes!" Erica placed both her hands up, surrendering herself.

"Geez what is wrong with these people... threatening a young innocent lady..." she trailed off while munching on some French fries on her plate.

We all laughed.

And that laughter, I hoped it would remain like this forever.