Chapter 10

K A T I E

This was just the third week of school and I was already drowned in books. My table was stacked with tons and tons of books that I couldn't even see the teacher's face.

Well It's actually a good thing cuz' I could use the advantage to sleep behind the pile of books. The teacher probably even thought that I was a good girl, studying.

It seemed to be a new trend for Erica, Felix and Ethan and me. We've spent most of the nights skyping together, discussing issues regarding the songs and the instruments to pick.

Yeap, including Ethan, the guy whom I never thought I had a chance to get close to.

And what's even surprising was after the end of group call, we would still personally skype for a while more before we officially mind our own business.

It's crazy how both of us had been discussing about different topics each time, like getting to know each other better for instance.

He's a really great listener and for some reason, he has this strange intuition which weirdly makes me want to talk more and more to him. Damn Ethan and his sweet yet alluring voice.

Well, I decided to keep it as a secret so Erica wouldn't ship both of us. Sorry if I'm being selfish again but c'mon, me and him? More like rainbow and mud. And yeah, I'm obviously that puddle of poor mud, being stepped by that elegant unicorn, aka Persia.

Talking about Persia just makes me wanna throw up all my breakfast that I had this morning. The way she rolled her eyes just disgusts me. How much I wish I could just dig out her eyeballs and insert them into her gigantic ass so that she could see what an ass she is. I just hope that her eyes would roll off her head someday.

Woah wait Katie, since when you became so mean?

Guess her and I will never get along. And if I were really that puddle of mud, I swear I'll at least make a whole use of myself and tear down those plastic feathers of hers.

"Hey Kat?" A voice rang in my ears. Oh no it's Ethan!

Keep calm Katie keep calmmmm.

"Yeah?" I replied, trying my very best not to panic.

"Want to go to the library after school? I can teach you the chapter that you didn't understand," he requested with a wide grin.

Damn, that killer smile again. Gets me every time.

"Sure I'd love to!" A smile creeped on my face.

OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE HE JUST OFFERED TO HELP ME ON SCHOOL WORK.

"Sorry to interrupt but, Ethan you joining us for break?" Erica interrupted from behind with a smirk on her face. The smirk is like her make up and she never seem to be able to put it off.

Well it's okay, that's the normal Erica. You would never want to see her in a frown. I swear it will make you think that the world is about to end.

"Of course I'm coming, unless you find me annoying," Ethan replied, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"C'mon let's go then, I don't want to spent the rest of my lunch time queueing," Felix complained.

"To the canteen!" Ethan announced as he wrap his arms around my shoulder.

OH.
MY.
GAWD.

And smart Katie, all you could do is just blush. Again.

I hope he doesn't know that I'm melting inside.

••••••••••••••••

E T H A N

And there we sat, at the corner of the library, on a table that fits just perfectly for two.

Not many people in this school know about this corner. Katie and I just found this spot last week and since then, it became our favorite spot of the library.

Yeah you're probably thinking, "awh... that's so cute, they have a special spot for just the two of them!" But nah, it's just a library, nothing much can happen.

It's not like were going to end up kissing each other behind the bookshelves, which only seems to happen in the movies.

With happy endings.

When we were walking to the library, we had small talks and she kept giggling on my small jokes. Her giggle is just so cute and the way she listens to me like we're the only ones on the world just make me want to share more of me to her.

I opened the door for her when we reached the library and she blushed. Well I was doing my best to be a gentleman and hope she likes it. Then, we make our way to the table.

Our table.

Wait seriously Ethan? Our? Since when you call her and you US?

She's such a perfect girl you would never deserve her.

All you could do was to help her on her studies and now you're trying to impress her just with that?

You should go face-palm yourself Ethan. You're probably a nerd to her.

"Wait I'm still confused. Why is it 45?" Katie's sweet voice brought me back to reality.

"Let me have a look at your workings," I said.

She handed me her notebook, with her neat handwriting on it.

I checked the steps carefully, cause if I fail to help her, I'm seriously a loser that can do nothing for her.

"There, you've forgotten to add this part," I pointed out on her workings.

"Oh I'm so stupid," she said in a huff.

"No you're not, stop saying that," I said as I scratch the back of my head.

No Katie you're not stupid at all.

You're smart you're funny and when you're focusing on your work, you look gorgeous and I adore the way you're so determined on something you just don't want to give up.

But these words were meant to be kept in my heart, because I'm such a coward to even admit how perfect you are to me.

When I was admiring her blonde and wavy hair that was shinning perfectly under the hit of light from the sun, a pair of palms settled on my shoulder.

Then, it was then slung across my neck and there she is, sitting on my lap.

Persia.

"Hey," she said, pulling the 'y'.

"Hey," I replied flatly with a faint smile. I don't want Katie to get us wrong and think that I'm a playboy.

"And can you please get up? It hurts a little," I added as I helped her up to her feet.

She led out a scoff and glared at Katie.

To me, Persia is a nice girl. I mean, she's hot, talented and as what they call "girlfriend material" but, she's just not my type.

Before I could turn back to Katie and proceed the with next question, I saw her packing her things, getting ready to leave.

"Katie, wait.." I wanted to make her stay but before I could finish my sentence, she already started to get up from her respective seat.

"Sorry for bothering the both of you," she said while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, her eyes avoiding mine, the sparkle in those beautiful eyes losing it's colour.

"No!" My mind thought and before I could do anything else to stop myself, I grabbed her hand forcefully, causing her to jerk backwards.

"Wait for me outside,"

That was all I managed to say before I helplessly see her running out of the door, tears brimming in her eyes.

It took me a second to realize.

Ethan, that could have been your last chance.

And you've wasted it.