Chapter 16

E R I C A

When I woke up the next morning, the gentle rays of the rising sun filtered through the window, bathing the room in a soft golden light.

Birds chirping, honking cars, rustling leaves... where am I?

My eyes fluttered open as I slowly sat up, a low groan escaping from my lips.

Just then, a sudden smell brought me back to reality, away from the unicorns and rainbows from my world.

This isn't my room.

THIS. ISN'T. MY. ROOM.

I scanned the room and my surroundings like a spy looking for clues. Sure enough, the pillow was a navy blue color, walls decorated with posters of different famous basketball players.

I rubbed my tired eyes groogrily to make sure I wasn't dreaming. When I opened them, unfortunately, the scene did not seem to change.

A reddish black sling bag laying on the wooden floor caught my eye and I squinted my eyes to make out the words.

F.E.L.I.X

Oh damn lovely pancakes.
Now it's even coated with strawberry jam.

I'm in Felix's room.

What a lovely place to start the day.

Suddenly, a random thought came into my mind.

Did we have se-

"Finally you're awake. It's lunch time already."

My eyes widened when I saw Felix standing outside the room casually like nothing happened, leaning against the door frame, shirtless.

Oh holy God he looks like a perfect sculpture standing right there like David Beckham.

But still, anger and confusion took over my perversity. (Wait, does that word even exist?)

Before he could explain, my instincts took over as I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME? WHY ARE YOU SHIRTLESS AND WHAT AM I DOING IN YOUR ROOM?"

During the heated lecture, I threw pillows and blankets at him non-stop like a tennis ball machine, while shouting at the top of my lungs.

He quietly folded his arms and rolled his eyes as I threw a gigantic pillow right in his face.

Bulls eye.

After a moment of awkward silence, he finally blurted out.

"Are you done yet?"

"Yes."

I was panting heavily, my hands covering myself protectively as I shot him my best death glare.

"Okay, first off, I was downstairs taking a bath after you slept on my shoulder so I brought you to my room and here you are right now."

"Go on."

"Then, I spent my whole night sleeping in the couch downstairs and I came up to see a lovely sight just for me-"

I was going to throw another pillow at him when I realized I was out of pillows to throw.

What luck I was having.

"Out of ammo?" He asked mischievously, that annoying smirk plastered on his face.

"Where there's a will, there's a way."

I rolled off the super single bed and landed on the floor with a 'thump'.

Then, I placed my fingers at the underside of the bed, lifting it up.

"Woah, Woah slow down there buddy. What are you doing?" He asked with a worried tone.

Ha! Serve you right captain pervert.

I lifted my head and gave him an innocent smile.

"I'm throwing this at your smirking face, worried now?"

"You'll need John Cena to carry that up, Smarty pants. Anyways, breakfast is ready downstairs for you, be grateful."

"And," he added. "Nope, we did not do what you thought we did, sadly."

'Bye bye' was the last words I heard before the door closed with a click behind him.

I just stood there gaping like fish.

Wow, did he just left like that without waiting for my comment?

What a chicken.

Speaking of chicken, I feel like eating chicken eggs.

Curse my aching stomach.

I sigh and staggered to the bathroom to wash up.

What an eventful morning.

•••••••••

When I went downstairs, a stickynote greeted me along the stairway.

How was your morning?

I smiled upon seeing those words. They just made my day already.

I went in the living room and sure enough, I spotted another sticky note on the coffee table.

I hope I didn't scare you.

I scoffed. Who does he think I am?
I'm not a chicken like him.

I went into the kitchen to cook some scrumptious food when my eyes glazed onto another sticky note.

I prepared breakfast for you. Enjoy! ;)

A black new pan was sitting on the stove nicely, a sweet aroma cane rushing our from the pan like runners in a race as I lifted off the lid.

Omelette! Just what I wanted.

Holy crap, this guy can read my mind.

I ate the cheesy omelette, savouring every bite as the taste filled my mouth. After I finished my meal, I decided to head off back to my house. My mum is gonna be so pissed when she sees me.

I stood up and went to the door to collect my stuff, jacket, bag, whatever.

A last and final sticky note greeted me.

Safe journey, hope you have a good day. :)

I smiled. Never before a person has done something like this for me before, not even my hamster.

For a moment I allow myself to think about how great Felix would be if he was someone's boyfriend.

I collected the last note and sticked it in my notepad. Such a precious memory is not to be wasted.

Taking a last glance at myself in the mirror, I said to myself, "Time to face the music."

The door closed behind me with a soft click as the sound echoed through the serene hallway.