Chapter 9

K A T I E

"Sorry I'm lat....e...?" I busted through the door, only to realize that no one was in the room.

Wait what? Am I in the wrong room?

I reversed my way back to the door and looked up at the sign.

Yes, it's clearly written that this is room we were all supposed to meet.

Okay great. They're all probably late.

Pacing around the room like a lost puppy, I stared at the equipments which were placed nicely and neatly around the room.

Piano, guitar, drums...

Every instrument you could think of was there.

Taking a last glance at the wooden door across the room, I huffed in defeat, sitting on the floor crossed legged, both hands resting on my lap.

When are those idiots coming?

We planned for everyone to gather in the studio before 2 and it's already 2.15, yet no one was here.

Except for me of course.

Note to self:
Never come early if you're gathering with these three idiots

Suddenly, my vision gazed to the grand piano nestling at a corner of the studio, it's black and shiny surface sparkling under the florescent light.

I went over to the piano and traced my fingers along the keys, a smile stretching across my face.

Yeap Katie. I know you couldn't resist yourself.

I sank my fingers into the piano keys, enjoying the melodious sounds that it produces.

I felt that I was somehow attached to this piano, and that it was perfectly made just for me.

Wow Katie, you could definitely get an A+ for being selfish.

I started to rack my brain, thinking of all the songs I could play and sing on the piano.

"It's been a long day, without you my friend," I sang, the piano and my voice perfectly in sync, melodious echos filling the room.

"...see you again," I ended the song, feeling very content with what I just did.

Just then, I heard a soft clap behind me.

I gasped in shock when I saw Ethan standing there, a gentle smile on his face, his hands still clapping.

"Wh-when did you come in?" I asked. For some reason, I felt really nervous.

"A few minutes ago. I didn't want to stop you from your song so I decided to creep in. Hope it didn't scare you out," he flashes his mighty white, making me blush.

Did I sing properly?

Did I play the right tune on the piano?

Oh no he probably think I sounded like a frog croaking and felt that I am worthless being in this group.

"Wake up, Katie. Since when do you even care about what people think about you?" The little voice in my head rang in my mind.

I pushed that thought away and changed the subject.

"So... what brings you here?" I asked, without giving a second thought.

"Didn't the message stated that everyone is suppose to gather here at 2?" He replied with a questioning look over his features.

I physically face-palmed myself for being such an idiot.

He laughed.

Oh, even his laugh drives me crazy.

Wait, Katie what are you thinking?

I decided to laugh too.

Our laughter echoed in the room,
so loud that it could even be heard from planet Mars.

"So," He began, clasping his hands together.

"Where do we start?"

••••••••

E R I C A

Oh crap.

It's 3.

Yaay I'm late.

"Is it too late now to say sorry?" I sang the song by Justin Beiber as I walk into the room, model-style while flipping my gorgeous hair.

And yeah as I expected, three pairs of eyes glared viciously at me.

"LUNCH IS ON YOU ERICA," shouted Katie.

Okay maybe being late wasn't a good idea after all.

"Ermm... well since you guys practiced really hard, why don't we all end the practice early?" I figured scratching the back of my neck, smiling goofily.

The glares grew more intense as the three Musketeers took a step closer to me.

Oh crap.

As quick as a flash, I ran out of the door, cackling evily, the three chasing me while screaming incomprehensible words.

And this is how my friends, you skip practice.