Chapter 11

K A T I E

"Wait for me outside."

Wow.

That's all he could say?

He should have just ignored Persia and chase after me.

But then, a crazy thought hit my head and it made me want to scream out loud to the world how stupid I was.

You're nothing to him Katie.

Nothing.

He wouldn't ignore a hot girl for you.

You're just a nobody to him.

He won't come out of the library that instantly and apologize like he just ate my favorite blueberry pancake.

He will stay there, flirt and forget about you.

You will never be someone's somebody.

When my useless tears started to fight against my orbs, furiously tempting to roll down my cheeks and let the rest of the world know how sad my life was, I felt a pair of warm hands on my shoulder.

"Katie?" A voice full of concern rang in my ears.

When I looked up and saw the pair of gentle eyes, my heart just couldn't take it and I burst into tears.

I wished I could just melt into the ground and be a sad puddle of water.

Before I could shatter into pieces, the pair of strong and assuring arms wrapped around me and rest my head on him chest.

His heart beat was slow and deliberate.

I tried to match my heartbeat with his to calm myself down.

"Shhhh, it's okay it's okay," he whispered.

I took a deep breathe and counted to three.

One.

It's okay Katie.

Two.

Things will be alright.

Three.

Just forget about it.

"Sorry for that," I said with a shaky voice.

"It's okay, glad you felt better," he said with a smile. "Now let's leave this place and go somewhere else," he said as he grabbed my hand.

"Sure," I replied and I let him pull my tender hands as he guided me to a place where I could be away from reality, away from the person whom I foolishly thought that I, could be together with.

He held onto my arms so tightly like I was fragile glass who would shatter in anytime.

Careful and gently.

Not like the way Ethan held it.

•••••••••••••••

Ethan's pov

"Leave me alone," I said coldly to Persia.

Without even waiting for her reply, I shoved all my books into my bag and headed straight to the library door.

When I turned the door knob and was ready to apologize to Katie, I realized it was too late.

There I saw, the girl who was giggling a few minutes ago, in tears.

And I wanted to wrap my arms around her but then guiltiness hit me when I knew I was the cause of her shattered heart.

And there stood a guy, embracing her in her arms.

Felix.

And then I realized, I just let go of someone who I really wished I could call her mine.

I just made her fall into tears.

And let other guys to be there for her.

I could be the

Worse.

Person.

In.

The.

Universe.

As I took a last glance at the couple, I knew without a single doubt that things wouldn't be the same between us.

Anymore.

I staggered back to class, my feet dragging lazily on the floor, as I walked the opposite direction of where Katie was heading.

And they said opposites attract.

What bullshit.