Chapter 17: I'm Devoted to Destruction

Her eyes widen in shock and anger. Her fists clench at her side and she spins around, looking out of the window. She turns to me, a look of pure rage on her face. She draws her hand back and slaps me hard across the face. I grab my cheek and howl in pain, where is J?

She stands in front of the window and raises her arms to the sky. The air changes and suddenly I feel myself relax. I feel as though I have no control over my body. I go limp on the floor as I wait for her command.

She paces up and down the room in front of the glass, waiting for the Joker. I stand lamely next to her, hazy and confused. A loud bang is heard from the floor below and a door flies open, a few of the Joker's crew members come in with machine guns pointed at Poison Ivy. J walks in with a handgun also pointed at her. They look at me and assess the situation, realising what has happened.

"Let her go, Ivy, she's mine." J growls with jealousy. She smirks at his attempt to get me back.

"How pathetic, The Joker himself chasing after a little girl. Precious." She says, mocking him. He yells out and steps closer, still pointing the gun at her.

"I said, let. Her. Go." He says through clenched teeth. She walks over to my still form and puts her hands on my shoulders. I stare blankly ahead, helpless against her pheromones.

"I don't think she wants to be let go, do you?" she asks me. Under her command I shake my head but on the inside I am screaming for help. She slides a knife into my limp, right hand and pushes herself up to my height using my shoulders. She whispers a command in my ear.

"Kill him..."

Without a moment of hesitation I throw the knife at him but he dodges it, afraid and unsure of what to do. I will myself not to hurt him but I have no control over my body. I try to send my thoughts to J. Help me, save me, don't kill me. I run and grab the knife I threw moments ago and stand in front of him. He slowly points the gun towards me and I feel like screaming because I know he would pull the trigger. I lunge at him and land on top of him, holding the knife to his throat. He pushes me off of him and gets up, still pointing the gun at me. I lay on the floor looking up at him. He looks at me and he holds the gun up in the air, showing it off to everyone. He holds it out in front of him towards me and sets it on the ground, putting his hands up in surrender. He kicks the gun away and it slides under a table somewhere.

"This ends now, Ivy. I won't do it. I love her." He says sincerely, turning to face her. I feel myself start to regain control of my body and start to feel dizzy. I lay down on the ground and start to drift out of consciousness. I vaguely hear J calling my name and see a blurry image of him in front of my face. I feel him lift up my limp body and carry me past Poison Ivy. She howls out in rage and J pulls me close, bracing me for the impact of the glass window. We jump out and the glass shatters around us. Everything happens in slow motion and he looks into my barely open eyes, a look of love and fear forever engraved into my memory. I pass out before we hit the ground, and after that is a mystery.

I wake up groggy and disoriented back J's room underneath the familiar silky sheets. I sit up, rubbing my eyes at the bright sunlight streaming through the slightly opened curtains. The door opens slowly and J peeks his head through the door frame. When he sees that I am awake he rushes to my side. He jumps onto the bed and holds me close, brushing my hair back.

"Oh my God, you're ok. Sophie, I'm so glad you're ok, I thought you would never wake up... I'm so sorry, we never have to do that again..." he whispers into my hair. With the overwhelming confusion and emotions I am feeling I start to cry. I cry into his chest, grateful for his comfort. "No, don't cry, please. I know it was a lot but I promise you it'll never happen again, you don't have to be involved in my plans anymore, I'll leave you out of them-" but I cut him off. I wipe away my tears and reach up to wipe away a stray tear he has also shed, still warm and a rarity for him.

"I'm not crying because of that, I'm crying because... I liked it." I whisper, looking up at him with the innocence of a child. His eyes widen and a small smile creeps onto his face. I smile back at him softly and we both start to giggle at the whole situation. We lay there together in each other's arms for a while. I really wouldn't have it any other way.

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed :) the next chapter might be last one :( but I haven't finished writing it yet and I'm pretty busy today so I'll try my best! Thank you!

-elkj13