Chapter 8: I'm Just a Sucker For Pain

I wake up the next morning, I assume, to a sweet smelling bowl of warm porridge. I sample it sceptically and it actually tastes quite nice, I manage to finish the whole bowl. I take a sip of my water, still thinking of my escape plan. I have an unclear procedure worked out and I decide to just wing it and see how I go. I hear the Joker walking around outside my door and talking to his henchmen, I know he is about to come in. I make sure I have my heels strapped on tightly and ready myself for my plan of attack.

"Honey, I'm home," says the Joker in a sing song voice as he opens the door. He smiles revealing more of his silver lined teeth. He walks towards me and gently caresses my face in his hands, staring deeply into my eyes. I start to hesitate on my plan, now seeing the J side of him I thought I was falling for. But I need to get out of here, so I do what any sensible woman would do and knee him in the balls. He falls to his knees in pain and lets out a scream and I kick him square in the chest with my heels. He falls onto his back and I take the opportunity to run. I'm usually no good in heels but my adrenaline gets me far. I run down the stairs, avoiding as many of his goons as I can when a siren goes off.

"SOPHIE!!! YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING REGRET THIS," I hear him screech. I keep running and eventually find my way outside the giant double doors I came through when I arrived here. There is a giant gate that I don't think I'll be able to climb. I take off my heels and throw them over and try to strategically manoeuvre my way over the fence. I don't make it very far and a pale pair of arms wrap around my waist, pulling me down. I kick and scream and try to wiggle free.

"Let me go! Please! Let me go, I don't belong here, I have to leave!" I say reaching towards the gate that is now quite a distance away from me.

"Honey, you're mine now, you ain't goin' anywhere," the Joker whispers uncomfortably closely in my ear. I wince at his hot breath in my ear and continue to struggle. He carries me back into the mansion despite my screams and throws me into a new and more elegantly furnished room. I assume it is his room as there is a giant, king sized bed, a desk, an en suite bathroom, and even a balcony. The floor is carpeted and the room is nicely decorated green and purple, his signature colours.

I get up to try and leave again and push past him, but he grabs my wrist and swings me around to face him. He puts his other hand around my waist and the small of my back and holds onto me tightly.

          "Listen here, doll face," he says calmly and in my face. "You belong to me now, I kidnapped you and you live under my roof. You do what I say, or I'll kill you, got it?" I nod timidly, again afraid of all he could do to me. He smiles and chuckles. "Good," and he lets go of me. I stand in front of him, not sure what to do next and he slaps me, hard. I fall to the ground, clutching my cheek. That will surely leave a mark. He towers over me with a look of anger and displeasure. "You will never try to escape again." He orders firmly. I look down and rub my cheek, hoping for him to just leave. He walks out of the room and locks the door noisily.

I get myself up and decide to look around the room and do some snooping. I inspect the contents of his desk drawers and mostly just find crumpled up papers and a few hand guns. I decide to take one just in case I come up with a different plan. There isn't much more to look at in his room, so I lay down on the bed. The sheets are made of silk and feel really soft. My eyes instantly start to droop and I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

I awaken to the sun shining in my face and a light blanket draped over me. I rub my eyes, confused on how I got here and then I remember the last few day's events. I gasp as I realise it's been a few days already and I must have missed some work. I miss my students dearly, I just want to see them one last time to at least say goodbye. I notice that my bag is sitting on the Joker's desk. I bring the gun that I had on the bed with me and sit down at the desk. I look through my bag and I notice that the drawing is gone, it must have gotten lost at the restaurant. I put the gun in my bag and leave it on the desk. I open the closed curtains to the balcony and am greeted with a warm ray of sunshine. I step out onto the balcony and realise that I am actually pretty high up. I stay out there for a while, soaking up some sun and getting some fresh air. When I get bored of that I lay down on the floor and play with the fur in the carpet. Life here in the mansion is really quite boring, when I'm not being tortured against my will that is.

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I might be posting two chapters in one day at some point to keep on schedule with the Watty Awards so look out for that :)

-elkj13