Chapter 15: Won't Hesitate to Go Straight to Your Head Like a Concussion

I wake up the next morning with my head laying on his warm, bare chest and his arm around me. I turn my head towards his sleeping face. He looks a whole lot less menacing while he's sleeping. I rest my head back on his chest softly, trying not to wake him. I listen to his heartbeat and his breathing, slow and steady. I recall the memory of last night and smile to myself. It was amazing and intimate, I never thought I would be able to see that side of him again, the J side that is. But then a knot forms in my stomach, in the moment I had agreed to join him. I don't know what this entitles me to do but I guess there's no going back now.

           He stirs under me and I look up at him. He opens his eyes and smiles at me sleepily which I find irresistible. Who knew only one night could change almost my entire perspective on him. I can't help but return the smile and he pulls me closer to kiss the top of my head. We lay like that for a few minutes, blissful but still unsure of what to say to each other. He gets up first, getting dressed into the clothes from last night that are sprawled all over the floor. He leaves the room, shooting me a smile on the way out and closing the door. I get out of bed, bringing my clothes with me to the bathroom so I can take a shower.

          When I am showered and clean, I step out and decide to make the bed for once and clean up a little. I grab my cereal bowl and glass from the night before and take them to the kitchen. No one is around, I assume the Joker is elsewhere, working on his 'plans'. I wash out the bowl and glass and try to fix myself something to eat. I manage to find some bread, butter, and jam and start to make myself a slice of toast. I stand at the counter and eat while I think of something to do since J is off doing his own thing and I have no other source of entertainment. I assume I'm allowed out of the room now, so I set out to explore the rest of the mansion.

           I find about half a million other guest rooms, none as lavish and elegant as J's, though. I look through a few places with some couches and fireplaces in them but none of them spark my interest. To my delight, I find a library on the first floor. It is huge and covered from floor to ceiling in bookshelves. It's dark and old looking but has a certain vibe of comfort and homeliness that I am attracted to. I skip around gleefully looking at all of the books, picking out a few for myself to read. I find a quiet corner with a recliner chair and a lamp to snuggle up in and read. I start reading Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr and in the dim light feel myself slowly drifting off. Unfortunately, I didn't get much sleep last night.

           I awaken to J standing over me and rubbing my arm lightly. He chuckles and I smile groggily at him, rubbing my eyes to wake myself up.

          "It's time for the plan." He says, a glint of mischievy in his eyes. I swallow a lump in my throat and nod as I get up. I follow him upstairs into a different room I haven't visited yet. There is a long desk in front of a tall window and a cork board on wheels with a ton of papers and pictures pinned onto it. He leans over the desk and scans his procedures which are scribbled out on a few separate sheets of paper. He looks over his shoulder and beacons me closer. He makes room for me and I look at his plans in amazement. They're really thorough and thought out. The basic gist of the plan is to steal a few weapons from Poison Ivy herself. I am planted in as the distraction, a small but meaningful part to play.

           He fully explains the plan to me; where to be and when to be and how to be and what to be. "We strike tonight at midnight." He says with an excited grin. I can tell he has missed his schemes. I sigh nervously.

           "J... I don't know if I can do this, I've never done anything like this before and-" he cuts me off and puts an arm around me gingerly. We act like we do this all the time.

          "Shh, you'll be perfectly fine, I promise. Just do everything I say and everything will go as planned." He grabs my shoulders and turns me towards him. "I promise I won't let anything happen to you." He says sincerely, staring intently into my worried, green eyes. I look down at the plans again, furrowing my brow and sighing in defeat.

          "Ok, fine. I'll do it." I say, giving in. He kisses my forehead gently and brings me into his warm embrace. I take in his familiar scent which now reminds me of the mansion I am standing in which I now consider to be my home. I must admit, I didn't know how much I wanted him until I got him.

Hey everyone! Sorry I'm uploading late, I've been in school! I might change my uploading time to 3pm eastern. I hope you enjoy!

-elkj13