18.

The little girl sat in her father's embrace for a further few hours. Her tears had long subsided however her heart still ached. She couldn't help but wonder if this was how her father felt every time he thought of her mother. Was that why he cried every time he thought of him?

The pair sat in silence ,each engrossed in their own thoughts. Each thinking of the same person. One thinking how it would be like if Naruto was still alive to live his life with his family. The other thinking how it would've been like if he was present in her life.

"Daddy?" Her fragile voice pulled Sasuke out of his brooding thoughts.

"Hm?" He hummed lightly ,his seemingly empty eyes catching sight of big innocent ones that was so full of life.

"Why did you and mommy name me Kimiko ? I remember Uncle Shikamru telling me that everyones name has a meaning to it and a reason why they were named that name. What does your name mean ?" She asked ,she wanted to know more about her mother,every single detail she had to know.

"My name ? Well my mother,your grandmother ,named me after the third Hokage's father. Sasuke Sarutobi. But it means help or assistance, I guess she wanted me to grow up to be a ninja that contributes to this village and lend a helping hand to whoever that is in need." Sasuke explained ,running his fingers through her hair as he spoke.

Then he looked down at his daughter whom was laying on his lap looking right back at him.

"Your mother and I thought through a lot of names before we settled for Kimiko. A beautiful name don't you think?" He asked ,a chuckle slipping past his lips.

"Mm!" The little girl nodded in agreement as she snuggled closer to her father ,listening intently to every word he spoke.

"So daddy, what does my name mean ? Why did you and mommy pick that name?"

"Ah..well.. "Sasuke thought out loud , running his hand through his hair before looking down at her with a slight smile pulling at the corners of his lips ,"It's quite a story."

------------

"So what are you going to call your bundle of joy?" The rosette asked ,looking up from her clipboard to look at the new parents.

Her heart warmed at the sight of Naruto cradling the baby in his arms and Sasuke hunched over protectively as he cooed at the little raven swaddled in her blanket.

The pair had yet to name their child ,being caught up during Naruto's pregnancy and basking in the joy as new parents ,thinking of names had totally slipped their minds.

Neither of the two heard her question ,being all caught up in their own little bubble. Sakura smiled. She couldn't get mad at them like she would considering how adorable the sight was before her. She knew that all the two ever wanted was here; a family they could call theirs.

"Sasuke," she called ,causing him to finally break his gaze from his daughter for the first time since she was born.

"Hm?"

"Have you two thought of a name for her?" She asked again ,patiently with a smile.

"Keiko"

"Emiko"

Both parents spoke up at once ,giving different names. Then they both turned their head to look at one another ,giving the other party a dirty look. If looks could kill ,both of them would have shrivelled and died at that point.