13

"Heh ,I told you not to be ahead of yourself." Sasuke teased his daughter as both dirt covered Uchiha's made their way home from training. It was sunset and both had spent hours at the training ground.

Kimiko pouted up at her father with a scrunched up face ,protesting back. "Hmph! It wasn't fair daddy ! You cheated !"

Kimiko hated admitting to he failures  to others although she acknowledged them to herself.  Maybe its was her superior and inferiority complex she inherited from Sasuke or plain stubbornness she inherited from Naruto. Either way ,she still protested against her father every time he teased her.

The pair laughed and joked the entire way home. Kimiko would every now and then pester her father to teach her more jutsus.

"Daddy daddy ,when are you going to teach me more moves ? I want to be a strong ninja like you!"

He glanced down at his daughter ,smiling at her enthusiasm. She reminded him so much of Naruto.

"Soon." He replied with a chuckle ,causing his daughter to get more excited.

xxxxxxxxx

It was just before sun down when they reached home. By then,Kimiko was already dead asleep on Sasuke's back;exhausted by the days activity.

"Kimiko.."Sasuke called out softly as he turned his head to look at her.

"Kimiko,wake up. You'll have to shower before you get you tucked in."

Tired eyes flickered open as little fingers rubbed the sleep away. Yawning lightly as she looked at her father. The uchiha girl then slipped out of her father's arms and padded off into the bathroom.

"Daddy! The shower is too cold!" Her voice rang from the bathroom. Sasuke laughed and shook his head before entering the bathroom to help his daughter.

xxxxxxxxx

"Goodnight daddy." The little girl yawned as Sasuke tucked the white duvet around her.

"Goodnight..Sleep well Kimiko." Sasuke whispered ,pushing her hair back from her forehead as he planted a kiss on it.

"Stay with me till I sleep?" Kimiko asked wearily

"Of course." Sasuke smiled warmly at her ,patting her to sleep. He watched as her eyes fluttered shut and breathing becoming shallow indicating she was asleep.

For the millionth time that day ,the male uchiha thought his daughter was growing up too fast.

Here she was at five years of age and going to the academy next year. She was already starting her ninja training. But Sasuke could remember the day she was born just like it was yesterday. 24th July. The day after his birthday.

--------------

Sasuke was washing the dishes from his birthday party he begrudgingly had to please Naruto. Well ,it was a surprise party but he had the choice to chase them all out ,but he didnt.

Naruto was in the living room with Kakashi sensei who stayed behind. Allowing Naruto to catch up with what was going on in the ninja world. Ever since he had gotten pregnant ,Sasuke had since forced Naruto to stay home and rest;much to his protests.

Sasuke dropped the dishes he was washing as he heard the pained yell from the living. He hurried to the living room to see naruto hunched over a pool of water ,his hands clutching at his swollen belly.

"The baby's coming!" He wails loudly.

Before Sasuke can take more than two steps toward her, Kakashi flash-steps beside Naruto , stepping on Sasuke's foot in the process. He picks Naruto up bridal style, cradling her carefully in his arms.

He flash-steps again, leaving Sasuke alone  with a sore foot and to wonder what in the hell just happened.

------------

Trudging into the hospital in a foul mood, Sasuke glowers and silently threatens every nurse in sight until they take him to the delivery room.

Inside, Naruto is already lying on the bed with his ankles in holsters, his face contorting in pain. Kakashi by his side, squeezing his hand and encouraging him to push.

Sasuke snaps. "Get out," he snarls.

Kakashi glances at him in disapproval. "Now is not the time to be selfish, Sasuke. Today is about Naruto."

The Uchiha grips his hair in frustration and lets out a bark of laughter. "You mean my husband that I haven't had a chance to be with since he's gone into labour ?My husband whose company you've hogged nonstop? My husband who's having MY baby and I can't even be there for him because there's no room in here for me?"

To his eternal disgruntlement, nobody in the room has heard a thing he just said, as Naruto has begun to push the baby out.

A nurse tugs him by the arm out of the room, telling him he'll have to wait outside so as to give Naruto room to breathe.

Stranded in the waiting room, Sasuke stares at the closed door of the delivery room incredulously.

He's just been kicked out of his own child's birth.
---------------

An hour later, Sasuke is slumped angrily in an uncomfortable metal chair next to Sakura who is chattering excitedly non-stop about how excited she was to be the god-mother of their child. He wanted nothing more than to choke her quiet at that moment.

He glares at the closed doors, hoping to melt them with his sharingan. How could he have been thrown out of his own child's birth?

Ten minutes later, Kakashi emerges from the room in scrubs, wiping tears of joy from his eyes;his visible one ,at least. He pulls Sasuke into an bone crushing hug. Congratulating him.

"Oh, Sasuke, you should see her. She's beautiful."

He has a daughter? He jerks out of Kakashi's embrace and storms the delivery room.

Inside, a tired-looking Naruto is cooing at the small bundle in his arms. Sasuke approaches them slowly, staring. Apprehensive. He had waited so long for this baby but yet he was scared ,oddly.

The baby has a tuft of shiny black hair on her head, squirming before she stopped to look up at him. He sees eyes the color of the void.

Definitely his.

Naruto beams at him, and his brilliant smile eases some of the tension inside him. "Isn't she beautiful?" He asks, turning his attention to their daughter again. His cerulean eyes sparkling with joy as he stared down at her.

Sasuke nods, throat constricted , eyes misting over. His annoyance dissipating from his body.

Naruto carefully lifts the baby, offering her for Sasuke to hold. He accepts her with awe and reverence, feeling the raw wound of his parents' death closing as this baby girl completes his new family.

Gazing lovingly at his newborn daughter and then at his husband ,Sasuke smiled a rare smile. His dream had finally came true.

-------------

Sasuke smiled at the distant memory ,the pads of this thumbs stroking circles on Kimiko's arm.

"You make me the happiest man there can be in this world.."he mumbled ,resting his chin on her bed as tiredness consumed his body.

A/N:I've tried to put up a chapter as fast as i could this time and i really hope y'all enjoy this kind of light hearted chapter compared to the rest. Hope y'all have a good day!!