17.

Sasuke initially had planned for them both to continue their training ,but since Kimiko had learned about her mother;his plans for the day had changed. Besides ,it has been a while since Sasuke last visted Naruto.

The two were in the garden ,hunched over a flower bed. The older raven was teaching Kimiko how to safely harvest the sunflowers they had grown since last fall.

"Daddy ,are these mommy's favourite flowers? Just like me?" She asked ,excited to learn more about her mother.

"Mm,your mother loved sunflowers. Love is just an understatement. "Sasuke hummed in reply ,using the clippers to snip off the roots which connected to the stem of the flower.

The young girl nodded in acknowledgement before turning back to clipping the flowers from their stems. Her father had told her that they were going to visit her mother today and she was beyond excited.

She had insisted on bringing Naruto's favourite flowers and had Sasuke take out her new set of clothes. She wanted to look her best to visit her mommy for the first time.

"We're done." Sasuke uttered as he stood up ,brushing off the remnants of soil that stuck to his pants.

"Why not you go up and get changed while daddy wraps the flowers?" He asked the little girl who in turn pouted at his suggestion.

"I want to wrap the flowers !" She whined,crossing her arms. It wasn't very often that the young Uchiha would whine to get her way but this time she wanted to do everything in preparation to visit her mother.

Sasuke pursed his lips and sighed. "Well..if you insist. But we'll just visit mommy later then.."

Upon hearing his words ,her eyes widened and she started shaking her head furiously. "No no! I'll go get ready now ! Daddy will wrap the flowers now and we'll go out faster!" Running off into the the house to get ready as quick as possible.

Sasuke laughed at her antics. She really was like Naruto. Collecting the freshly cut flowers in his arms ,he made his way to the living room where he retrieved the necessary items to wrap the flowers.

Sitting crossed-legged in the middle of the living room ,the male wrapped the flowers in blue and white tissue paper ,tying it off with a ribbon.

He sat in the living room silently ,his eyes fixated on the flowers that lay on his lap. "I miss you ,Naruto. I really miss you. I wish I didn't have to give you flowers this way. "He murmured ,eyes forlorn.

Every time he visited Naruto ,it was re-opening a old wound. It was emotionally exhausting every time he visited him. It was a constant reminder that the person he loved the most would never come home to him. He would never have the taste of his lips on the tip of his tongue ,he would never have the chance to tell him how much he loved him again.
----------

"Tell me how much you love me." Naruto's voice drifted over to where Sasuke sat reading the newspaper.

"Hmm?" Sasuke's brows quirked at the sudden request from Naruto to declare his love towards.

"Quick tell me how much you love me." Naruto demanded.

Sasuke smirked at the sound of his voice ,he had been with Naruto so long that he didn't have to look at him to know he was pouting.

"Well," Sasuke began as he looked over his shoulders , "The world is less scary when I'm with you. I trust you and even when I'm not with you ,I still feel connected to you. You will always have a part of me." With that ,Sasuke turned back to continue reading his papers.

Naruto smiled. Although Sasuke didn't say the three words ,he could tell how much he did love him.

There was a comfortable silence between the two when Sasuke felt slim arms wrapped around his neck ,the smell of honey tickling his nose.