This is Definitely Not Love...Right? ~Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

“Hold on Sam. Someone’s at the door. “So you say you don’t know where Skye is?”

“No. I tried calling him, but it goes straight to voicemail.”

I opened the door and saw a very wet and miserable looking Skye standing in front of me. My eyes widened and I almost dropped my phone.

“Sam, I think I found Skye.” I said slowly. “He just popped up at my doorstep.”

“Keep him there!” he said quickly. “I’ll be over in a minute.”

I hung up the phone and let my arm drop to my side. I stared at Skye completely bemused. Was this even Skye standing on front of me?

“Skye?” I finally managed to get out.

“Yea Blake, it’s me.” He said not meeting my gaze.

I moved to the side and motioned for him to come in. after closing the door, I followed him into the lounge.

“Jake, he…I don’t know what do.” He stammered. The tears started streaming slowly down his face.

“Whoa, none of that right now.” I said going over to him. “Let’s first get you cleaned up and then we can talk.”

He nodded in agreement. I led him through the house to the bathroom. He walked inside and looked like a lost puppy. A person would swear that he didn’t know what was going on. I was going to kill Jake for doing this to him.

“There are some clean towels in the closet over there.” I said pointing to the closet in the corner. “And I have some pajama bottoms for you to put on.”

“Thanks Blake.” He said before closing the door. I walked back to the lounge and took a seat on the sofa.

Skye seemed so troubled. Well who wouldn’t be? Considering what happened. I heard the doorbell ring and ran to answer it.

“Where is he?” Sam ran in without as much as a hello.

“Chill dude. He’s in the bathroom.” I said walking back into the lounge. “Why are you so worried about him? He can take care of himself.”

“It’s the rain.” I raised an eyebrow at him. “Never mind.”

He made himself comfortable on the sofa and I got us a few sodas. “Do you have any ideas on what could have happened?”

“One, yes. But I’d rather wait for Skye before I jump to assumptions.” He rested his chin on his folded hands.

I agreed mentally. Just then, Skye came into the room wearing my- obviously too big pajama pants. I had to fight the laugh that wanted to come out.

“What’s so funny?” Skye asked, his tone harsh

I straightened up in my seat. “Nothing. It looks like those pajamas are going to swallow you whole.”

He narrowed his eyes at me, then took the empty single sofa next to mine. I folded his legs beneath him and sighed.

“Care to tell us what happened?” Sam asked. I gave him a look. “What? He can’t act like this for the rest of his life. I’ll die.”

“Could we talk about it tomorrow?” Skye asked.

“No, well talk about it now.” Sam said. “Or do you want me to call Jake instead?”

Skye’s eyes widened at Jake’s name and then tears started flowing out of his eyes. “God job Sam. Now look what you’ve done.”

“He saw.” Skye started, still crying. “I didn’t mean to. I’m so sorry. I didn’t want it to end this way. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sor-”