chapter thirteen

Because Loving You is on #17 Spiritual this morning! :D Thanks everyone! Lots of Love xxx

After Durdanah fell asleep, Yusuf had been wandering around the apartment, he was tired but didn't feel like sleeping.

He sat on the table quietly reading and rereading the letter Rania had hastily written for him.

Durdanah's words rang clear in his mind. It didn't make sense that she would leave Hamsa. Rania had been a loving wife to Yusuf but her love for Hamsa was absolutely unparalleled.

"She's beautiful." Rania whispered into the amiable silence as she looked at her . "Beautiful."

Yusuf beamed with pride. "Isn't she? She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

"I'm sorry, Yusuf." She apologized suddenly much to Yusuf's confusion. "Hm, why?"

"I think I love her more than you." She chuckled as she smiled at her daughter with adoration in her eyes.

Yusuf placed a kiss onto her forehead, "I have both my girls here with me right now, what more could I want? I think I may love her more than you too." He winked, teasing her.

"But Yusuf just look at her. She's everything. She's so delicate and I think she's too precious for this world. Just look at how innocent and pure she is. No hate, no anger, no sadness." Rania spoke softly, just soft enough that Yusuf could just make out the words. Dismissing the tears in Rania's eyes that of happiness, he nodded.

"You know who she reminds me of?" Rania asked, a small smile playing on her lips.

"No, who?"

"Duri." She smiled, remembering her friend. It had been years since she'd seen her and while she was angry at Durdanah for not replying to any of her thousands of calls and texts, she still couldn't help but remember her fondly.

Yusuf looked at her as if for her to go on and elaborate. "Remember how I used to say how Duri was made of love? Hamsa has that same sparkle in her eye and I can't help but remember her when I look at Hamsa. I miss her, Yusi. "

Not knowing what to say, Yusuf brushed his lips against her temple and whispered sweet nothings.

"Yusi?"

"Ya?"

Rania looking at her daughter lovingly, "Isn't it cruel how our beautiful daughter will suffer in this cruel world?" Yusuf looked up alarmed at his wife's words.

"What do you mean?"

Rania gave a humourless chuckle and her somber hazel eyes looked into his light brown ones. "She has Down Syndrome, Yusuf. If people like us suffer so much, how much do you think Hamsa will? Promise me. Promise me you'll love and cherish her and protect her from this world should anything happen to me."

"I promise, love." He pulled her into his arms. "She's perfect." The two said at the same time as they held their adorable daughter.

Yusuf shook his head from the precious memory. It didn't make sense. Rania had loved Hamsa so much, she'd been obsessed with their daughter to the point even Yusuf would feel somewhat envious of all the love she showered upon Hamsa. So, why did she leave?

And, if she did, as much as he was grateful to her for not, but why didn't she take Hamsa with her?

His head was beginning to hurt from all of the thinking and he got up to go sleep when his eyes happened to rest on the book Durdanah had been reading earlier in the day.