1. Holding hands

Percy loved the sound of the ocean. The rolling waves, building up and rushing towards the shore before collapsing onto the sand. The swawk of seagulls in the distance, and somewhere a boat motor roaring to a start.

He loved the feeling of wet sand grains underneath his bare feet. The way his toes sank down just slightly, but never enough to feel stuck.

He loved the salty sea air mixed with the sweet smell of strawberries. He loved the sunshine bathing his face. He loved the soft breeze lightly tickling his skin.

But what Percy loved more was Annabeth's hand in his. He couldn't imagine anything better than walking down the beach holding her hand on a day like this. They'd decided to take a stroll after dinner, since the weather was so nice and they didn't have much else to do anyway. Percy wouldn't have had it any other way.

As they walked, he couldn't help looking at her. She had her blond hair down, and it was flying around her face in the wind.

She annoyedly swiped it away.

"Gods, my hair...," Annabeth muttered. Then she turned to face Percy. "What?"

"What?"

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Am not." Percy turned his head forward. His and Annabeth's entwined hands were swinging between them. He looked down at them, woven closely together.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked.

"Well...," Percy started. "You."

Annabeth laughed. Percy loved her smile, and the way she threw her head back when she laughed.

"Cheesy." Then, after a moment, she asked, "What about me?"

Now it was Percy's turn to laugh. "Holding your hand, at the moment."

Annabeth swung their hands meaningly. "Remember when we found the Labyrinth, and there in the dark tunnel I held your hand so we wouldn't loose eachother?"

"Of course. I thought it was totally weird."

She spun around and playfully punched his arm with her free hand. "You did not! You totally liked it."

Percy looked at her and tried to keep a straight face, but he couldn't stop the smile tugging at his the corners of his mouth.

Just then they heard a voice yelling, "Last one in is a rotten augur!" A second later, Rachel rushed past them and leaped into the sparkling water with a splash.

Annabeth immediately tugged her denim shorts down and pulled her shirt over her head, so she was just in her underwear. Soon Percy stripped of his clothing as well. He could't help but reach a hand towards Annabeth and brush his fingers lightly against her waist.

He felt her shiver, but she quickly composed herself. She rested a hand on his chest and leaned in closer to his face.

"Hands. Off."

Percy just had time to grip her hand Before she raced off toward the water. They ran in together, shrieking, but never letting go of the others hand.

A/N

Aww, fluffy :) So, kind of short, I know, but whatevs. I'll post a new one tomorrow, on a different theme.

It's be awesome if someone else wanted to do this too, comment and I'll cred you!

Thanks for Reading, please vote and comment and tell me what you think! Everything's deeply appreciated, you make my day!