➵ I'm Not Your Favorite

Lightning - Little Mix

"Uh, I don't know how long I'm going to last." Kira panicked, clenching her fist. The electricity was still sparking around her.

"How did you stop it before?" Malia desperately asked.

"Scott carried me outside." Kira said, the electricity momentarily gone for now.

"Which almost killed him." I added, biting my lip.

"Okay, uh...maybe we could try grounding you to something." Malia suggested, holding her hands out to her sides.

"That's actually pretty smart Malia!" I exclaimed, nodding my head. "How do we do that? I'm not a science person. Biology yes, science no."

"You have a degree in electrical engineering? 'Cause I don't know how to do that either." The electricity started sparking off of Kira again after she finished speaking. Lightning bolts lashed out, starting to hit the walls and door. I yelped and dove out of the way, taking Malia with me.

The two of us hesitantly sat up, looking at one another nervously. Malia crouched next to the medical table, placing her hands on it. I followed, not knowing what else to do. Kira groaned in pain as the last lightning bolt flashed. Kira leaned against the locker that held the dead bodies.

"You two have to get out of here." Kira panted out urgently.

"I can't leave you." Malia said.

"We aren't leaving you Kira." I spoke, shaking my head. Kira panted, turning over to face the metal covered wall.

"I should've stayed in the desert with the Skinwalkers. I can't control this. I'm never going to be able to." Kira brokenly admitted. I felt my heart ache.

"Kira, it worked. You saw it work." Malia said, standing up.

"You controlled it enough to cause the brownout. You can stop it." I nodded, adding on to Malia's statement.

"I can't!" Kira yelled, whipping facing out direction. Her voice sounded different. It sounded deeper. Her eyes were the orange color again. "Malia! Nevah! Go!"

More electricity surged around Kira. It was slowly getting out of control. Malia and I are back to crouching on the ground. Bolts of small lightning growing closer by each strike. I covered my face as another stroked the medical table. The crackling and static of the electricity suddenly died out.

"Kira?" Malia asked. Uncovering my face, I looked over towards Kira. She was lying on the ground with a hand placed on her stomach. Kira was unconscious. "Kira."

"She's unconscious." I mumbled towards Malia. We slowly stood up, afraid the electricity would start again. Malia looked and me nervously and licked her lips. She deliberately walked over to Kira. Little by little, I followed after her. Malia was about to check her pulse on her neck. "Malia be careful. We don't know if she will spark again."

"I wouldn't do that." A voice sounded behind me. Startled, I jumped around, pressing my charm. My celestial bronze sword was pointed at Josh. He was leaning against the doorframe. Malia stood up quickly, pulling her hand away from Kira. "Electricity's still coming off her. I can feel it from here. I can help her."

"Why?" Malia asked. I squinted my eyes at him.

"What do you want?" I tilted my head. Why else would he offer to help? He's with Theo.

"Because I need your help." Josh moved to the side and showed a burnt Corey. "With him."

Corey was leaning against the wall looking miserable and in a lot of pain. He had an arm wrapped around his lower chest. Corey faced us, looking pitiful. His burns were covered in blood.