➵ Flashback

The Girl Who Cried Wolf - 5 Seconds of Summer

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said as we all circled the glass coffee table. The book and the print outs were neatly placed on it.

"Are we having wine? I have never tried wine. Is it good?" I asked happily, looking at her.

"You're not having wine." Scott frowned at me with his arms crossed.

"I bet you guys have drank wine before!" I scoffed.

"Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." Stiles ignored Scott's and I's little conversation.

"That's why Malia's here." Scott told us. Malia nodded.

"So none of us go running into traffic?" Kira asked.

"Or worse." Scott nodded.

"Like what happened to Judy." Malia spoke. I looked at her with question. Malia fiddled with her hands. "Chapter fourteen."

"Maybe I should have my mother read it." Lydia picked up the paperback book. "She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone."

"Yeah, if it works." Stiles inputted. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're going to be a Negative Nancy too?" Stiles squinted his eyes at me, Theo smiling and shaking his head.

"It has to." Lydia softly said, almost to a whisper.

"What does that mean?" questioned Scott.

"I think I saw them during my surgery. When I look at the cover. It's almost like..." Lydia trailed off, trying to think of the right word.

"A memory trying to surface." Theo said, looking at Lydia. Everyone turned to look at Theo.

"Yeah." Lydia mumbled, looking up from the book.

"That doesn't sound too good." I frowned, biting my lower lip.

"Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?" Kira asked. Malia nodded along to her question.

"If they did something to me, I want to know what it is." Lydia pursed her lip together and nodded.

"Anyone feel anything yet?" Scott asked. I looked up from my book, pinching the bridge of my nose. Thank gods he interrupted. My eyes were starting to burn and this is getting frustrating. I am still on chapter four. The words are blurring together and rearranging themselves. Why couldn't this be in Ancient Greek?

"Tired." Kira sighed, looking over at Scott.

"Hungry." Lydia mumbled, rubbing her eyebrow.

"Totally not liking this book." I grumbled out, throwing the print out onto my lap.

"I think he meant the book." Theo pointed out. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to go grab something to drink. Anybody want anything?" I offered, pushing myself off of the couch. Kira looked up at me and softly shook her head. Everyone who was still in the living room mumbled out a 'no'. I walked into the kitchen to see Stiles sitting down and rubbing his right shoulder. Malia was standing next to him.

"What did you do to your shoulder?" Malia asked. I made my way to the cupboard and grabbed a mug. I closed the door to the cupboard and walked over to the island.

"What are you talking about?" Stiles looked up at her. I started to pour the coffee into my cup.

"I can smell the blood." Malia said. I stopped pouring the coffee and looked over at Stiles. Blood? "What happened?"