Chapter 16: Contest Finale

As Zoey and I took our places at the contest stage for the final battle I felt my heart pounding in my chest.  I knew I could beat Zoey if I tried hard enough but this isn't a battle of endurance its a battle of beauty and grace. I have to make sure that we win this or this will have been for nothing. I shook my head sharply.

"This hasn't been for nothing, this has taught me a complete new way of battling and something I never would have thought about before. This will never have been for nothing, I know we can win if we try but even if we don't I don't regret a thing." I said lightly to myself.

"Alright coordinators its time for the final battle to begin.  Release your Pokemon!" I spun lightly when I released my pokeballs.

"Umbreon, Arcanine Spotlight!" The two appeared and stared directly at Zoey as she released her Pokemon.

"Glameow, Shellos let's go!" I clenched my teeth a little as the timer started.

"Umbreon use Shadow Ball, Arcanine use Extreme Speed!" As Arcanine took off Umbreon shot out the orb which increased in speed as Arcanine ran along side it.

"Glameow, dodge and use Shadow Claw!" I smirked.

"Up Arcanine!" Arcanine jumped up into the air making the Shadow Ball follow him.  "Now send that Shadow Ball into Glameow using Iron Tail." Arcanine spun around and knocked the shadow ball into a stunned Glameow.

"Glameow!"

"Umbreon use Dark Pulse!" Umbreon charged Shellos this time.

"Shellos use Mud Shot!" The mud started flying towards Umbreon causing her to slip and fall. 

"Arcanine use Fire Blast on the battlefield, Umbreon jump on to Arcanine's back!" The two Pokemon were in sync as they switched the match around.. The flames poured across the battlefield sending Glameow and Shellos flying back from the intense heat.

"And there's just one minute left on the clock, can Zoey turn this battle around?"

"Glameow Thunder!, Shellos Water Pulse!" The to moves combined to make an absolutely incredible display of color. 

"Umbreon use Dark Pulse, Arcanine use Fire Spin." The four Pokemon all rushed together and collided in the middle.

"And that's it!" We both turned to the clock and saw the score finally. Zoey had managed to beat me.

"And the winner is Zoey!" I smiled lightly. I walked over to Umbreon and Arcanine who looked disappointed that we lost.

"Hey you two, don't you look sad, we gave it everything we had and that's what we should be proud of. I promise we'll keep training and win the next one for sure." They smiled brightly and I touched both of their heads lightly.  "Thank you for all your hard work today."

"Hey Kat?" I looked up at Zoey as her, Glameow and Shellos came over to us.

"That was a great battle Zoey, thank you for showing me I still have a lot to learn." She smiled lightly.

"Of course, which is why I want you to have this."  She handed me the ribbon she had just won. I looked at her confused.

"Why?"

"I already have five ribbons which means I can compete in the Grand Festival, with this ribbon I hope to see you there in a few months." Everyone was cheering as this exchange happened.

"You can count on it." She helped me up and we shook hands.

"Such a magnificent display of friendship and rivalry.  I hope to see everyone here for the next Wallace Cup." Wallace finished off the contest and we headed out of the arena to change back into normal clothes.  I looked at the Aqua Ribbon lightly.

With this starts the next chapter of my journey.  I will go to the grand festival and show Zoey everything I have learned from traveling around Sinnoh.

"Excuse me Kat?" I turned and saw a woman with blonde hair and black hair things standing there.

"Yes?"

"My name is Cynthia, I also happen to be the champion of the Pokemon league of Sinnoh, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind having a battle with me." I looked at her shocked.

"You're the one Flint told me about, the female champion of Sinnoh, of course I would love to have a battle with you."  She smiled lightly.

"Excellent, shall we begin?"