Chapter 3: Surviving Winter

Chapter song: Winter by Joshua Radin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wind was wild as it tossed my body back and fourth.

I've wondered what it was like to fly before just like any other person, but this was so ravaged as the wind carried me over the Hudson whipping me up and down and sometimes throwing me into a tree.

My neck felt as if it was the earth cracking in half and my back was breaking. The way I could tell was when I heard this gruesome crack then blood spilling down my back as the winds launched me 50,000 feet into the air. Next thing I knew was my ears were ringing and soon I would be deaf, fallowing with blindness. Which I would assume because the world was nothing but black. I was completely immobilized not able to see anything but blood as the wind carried me.

The speed of the winds must have been going at least 500 mph, it felt like the craziest car ride in my entire life, added on with the dreadful pain ripping me apart. I wasn't sure how I got up here or how the heck this was even possible but all I know that it WAS happening and it would not stop.

After awhile I got my sight back, and the winds ended up throwing me down to the ground to my old apartment where I lived in since I was 12 years old. I was bleeding and i could not move or hear at all. My back was arched and I felt like I needed to move my hand but I could not register it, I could not even lift my head. It was so frustrating I couldn't even feel if I was crying.

Then my vision shifted and their was Veronica tied to a bed gaged as a creepy man with a receding hairline took advantage of my love. She was crying I could see that as the mascara and eyeliner made a rode down her face and onto to her breast. The rope made the blood rush to her hands so they were purple, that's how tight they were bound. I started to panic wondering if she would have her hands amputated, if I would never get to hold them again.

All a sudden she started to flail her body around and her eyes rounded as she shifted her eyes toward me. My hearing came back  I heard a mumbled 'Cole help me please help me' through her gaged mouth. The creeper came out of his trance and realized that they weren't alone,so he turned his head and saw me. He then growled 'motherfucker' and grabbed a gun off of the night stand and pointed the barrel towards my head.

BAM BAM

I was gone again.

I couldn't save her.

I did nothing.

She would of been alive if I was their to save her.

*Blackness*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"VICTORIA!!" I screamed out in to the dark bedroom waking up suddenly from the worst nightmare ever. I was all sweaty, okay correction, I was so drenched in sweat that my tee shirt clung so tightly to my body that you could see every muscle outline.My breath was heavy and my eyes were having a hard time adjusting to the light.

"Cole?" A groggy voice said into the darkness.

"Cole are you okay?" Nathan dragged him self out of bed wearing only boxers and sat next to me on my bed.

I was still traumatized from the nightmare that I held myself crying into the darkness, next to my roommate who was like a stranger. Usually I wasn't this weak, especially around another guy. It was a pride thing, but I couldn't keep my self from blubbering.