Chapter 1

Danerus(WereWolf) x Deva(Wood Nymph)

Deva’s POV

I didn’t think of much when I was a toddler, mostly ran around speaking with the trees. The tree’s were my friends, they didn’t mock me like my fellow Nymph’s that lived near me. I didn’t understand what I did was so wrong that would make them to taunt me so. Was I not as beautiful as them, am I not attuned with nature same as them. I didn’t fight them though, I am a peaceful Nymph. I was courted by Apollo and Ares both. Yet neither held my attention; despite how both of them were gorgeous, they are gods after all. I wouldn’t give them what they wanted so they eventually left me to my isolation with my trees. Millennium's had passed and still I was secluded from many things the other Nymph’s would do. I am still visited by Apollo and Ares every now and again but they had weakened over the years. Their believer dwindling every passing year since christianity has taken over the world for the human’s belief. Yet I am unaffected by these humans decisions at least until they started tearing down my only friends, my trees. Their absence are like a hole in my chest, nothing would fill up the hole that their absence has made. Nothing seemed right without them, many of my fellow Nymph’s have abandoned this area deeming id unfit to live in now that most of their homes have been destroyed. Yet I refuse to leave them, they are all I have after all. I refuse to leave them alone when I can at least try to save them with the small tricks I play on the workers. I will never forgive them for what they have did to my friends and they will pay.

“They come Deva, they come; hide within our roots before they find you.” My trees warn, I stand ignoring their pleas as I climb up their limbs to get a better look. My light green dress ruffling at my knees as I climbed. I hold on to their strong branch and lean over to see their sight as I hear the screams of my trees that are torn down.

My hair blows around in the wind I push it back behind my hair in a failed attempt. They were bringing in new workers, they older ones must not wanted the stress of the possibly haunted forest. But this place isn’t haunted, I’m just trying to punish them with a little help of the Norse god Loki.

“Do you think it safe to play in that tree Nymph?” Loki taunts lightly watching the progress of the workers.

“The tree will keep me safe; I am it’s friend as it is mine.” I call down with a smile slowly climbing down the branches.

“Friends with trees, I never did get the greeks.” He humors to himself brushing back his silky stick straight black hair. His blue eyes seem to look straight through anybody.

“I don’t understand you Norse either.” I counter back brushing off my hands on my dress.  

He snickers.

“You are truly beautiful Nymph.” He says taking my hand and swirling me around to inspect me once again.

He does this every evening and I return with a smile. I hold no attraction to Loki, but he is good company to have if you don’t no any other kind. No one has ever drew my attention long, they all usually want the same thing. I wasn’t interested; even human knew it, but they easily came up with more men who would wait hand and foot on them. I didn’t want that, I wanted someone who would fight with me when it didn’t matter except to have a good conversation and who would stay the cold nights to hold me. But in this new time and age that has become harder and harder to come by. Loki is a good man- god even but as a god they believe they deserve more than one lover. I’m a one lover kind of gal I guess.