Chapter 13: Red Chain

Start from the beginning

"You have to fight, you have to survive because that's how you are. You're a fighter and you always have been. You have the willpower of the legends, you have the knowledge of the heavens, and you have the emotions of everyone around you. You have to survive for not just yourself but for everyone who has gotten the chance to know you. No one here would be the same if you disappeared!" Azelf called out finally and that's when I forced my eyes to open. Even though it hurt I looked to my left to see everyone fighting back the Team Galactic members. My father was becoming more frustrated by the minute as he started losing to Paul.

"I've had enough of this! Weavile crush this boy and his Pokemon." I jumped up and phased into an Arcanine. I sent my Flamethrower directly at Weavile and my father. He was shocked to see me still standing.

"Kat, you're alright!" Paul said and I nodded back at him once.

"How? The Red Chain should have killed you." I changed back to normal and everyone saw the extent of my injuries.

"I refuse to lie down and die. I will protect the world I love because that's what I do. My will is as strong as the legends I wield, my knowledge is brighter than the lights of the heavens and my emotions are for everyone I choose to protect! Umbreon, Glaceon and Jolteon use Shadow Ball!" The three Pokemon shot their shadow balls at the galactic grunts. They all backed away.

"You little brat! You couldn't have just laid down and died honorably could you?" I chuckled.

"Honorably? I would have died a traitor to my ideals. You will never understand the ideals that I seek. It's sad really but I know what it is I have to do. From the heavens above to the earth below I call upon the legends and ask for their power!" A bright light appeared and when it faded all my legendary Pokemon appeared before Team Galactic.

"The legendary Pokemon of Kanto, they all are yours...you have found a way to control the legends..." My father said lightly. I shook my head no.

"I don't control my Pokemon, I listen and care for them. They all came with me willingly and for that I will be forever grateful. They have taught we so much about myself and the world around me. A lesson you still need to learn. Prisoning legends is beneath you father, but here I see Palkia and Dialga trapped. My Pokemon I ask you as your friend save the world we all care about!" I called out. They all started attacking the Pokemon that Team Galactic sent out as I turned sharply and set my sights on the trapped Palkia and Dialga.

I changed into Azelf and flew up to the trapped Pokemon.

"You are a human, how can you be a Pokemon?" Palkia asked me confused.

"Now isn't the time for that, I will free you from the Red Chain, I ask that you forgive me for bringing you out against my will." The two nodded and I split my body into the three lake Pokemon once again. I went back to each of the pillars and allowed my body to glow again.

"No!" My father called out as the Red Chain crumpled away into nothing, freeing Palkia and Dialga.

"You have lost father..." I muttered and changed back to normal falling towards the ground once more. Only this time I didn't hit it, I was caught by Palkia.

"You called this human your father, a father who used you to bring us out and then nearly killed you for the sake of his new world." I nodded lightly.

"Human!" Dialga spoke through telepathy at my father. "You dare to bring pain and suffering to your own daughter and son? Look at your daughter, she is withering as we speak yet she still calls you her father. The unspeakable things I can see in this girl past is horrific. I should destroy you where you stand but I know that is not the will of this girl who has freed us with her own power. The girl who understands us more than any human ever could. The heart of Pokemon was the one who created, yet you treat her as if she is no better than garbage." I looked down at my father and saw he was looking at the ground with clenched fists.

"Dialga, Palkia if I may?" I asked and Palkia carefully lowered me to the ground. I wobbled a little but found a way to walk over to my father.

"Cyrus, no dad please stop all of this. You don't need to create a new world, this world is perfectly fine the way it is. Sure it has horrible things and sad things. But that's what makes this world so interesting. I like this world and all the people in it, I want to create a world where people and Pokemon can live together in harmony without organizations like Team Rocket and Team Galactic, will you help me create that world?" I asked holding out a hand lightly. He looked at me stunned.

"After everything I've done to you and our family, you could still call me your father and you could still want me in your life?" I nodded and smiled.

"No matter what happened in the past I have chosen to look past it because that was the past and this is the present. I want to live for the future not what happened in the past, so if you're willing to atone for the crimes you have committed and wish to help me create an ideal world for everyone then I'm willing to meet you halfway." He looked at me amazed.

"Katherine..." Umbreon came to my side with Jolteon and Glaceon.

"Please don't make me fight family anymore. It's sad to think that way. Go home and see mom and be a part of James' life. We all need a family when there's nothing else for us." He froze and I saw the look on his face soften a little. I lowered my hand and hugged him lightly. "I love you, dad. That will never change." He hesitated and then hugged me back tightly. I felt the wetness of his tears as they started to show.

"I'm so sorry, Katherine." I smiled up at him lightly.

"I know me too." I looked at James and signaled for him to come over as well. He walked over and then joined our family hug.

"I will be a better father starting now." I nodded and looked at Dialga and Palkia.

"Thank you both for teaching my father the lesson he needed. Please go home now." They both looked at one another and then disappeared into a pink and blue light. Azelf, Mespirit and Uxie appeared in front of me and started flying all around me happily. I giggled.

"We're so happy you're alright Kat." Mespirit said and hugged me.

"You were amazing!" Azelf and Uxie said lightly.

"Thanks you guys." I smiled.

"Hey Kat?" I looked at Mespirit lightly.

"Yes?"

"We were talking it over on the way here, we want to come with you on your journey." I looked at them shocked.

"Really?" They all nodded smiling brightly.

"You care about us in a way we have never seen before, you took the Red Chain for us. You saw the pain we would be in and you took it all for yourself, that took a lot of strength and bravery. We want to follow someone like you." Azelf said and I nodded lightly. I pulled out three poke balls.

"Well them Azelf, Uxie and Mespirit-" I threw the poke balls into the air. "Welcome to the family!" They all disappeared into the poke balls. I caught them as they landed and I looked back at everyone.

"Incredible. Three new legendaries at your side." Zoey said lightly. I smirked.

"A whole new adventure to come."