Chapter 13: Dex

Chapter 13: Dex

-PICTURE OF CARMEN ON SIDE!!-

-Carmen Silvers Point Of View-

"Okay, be careful. Dex is a little bit..." Austin winced, "Out there."

"Out there?" I questioned as we walked up the path to the front door of his house. His parents, aunt and uncle all went out again, leaving Dex (which is apparently short for Dexter) and Austin home alone again.

"He has this ego problem...it's too big," he rolled his silver eyes, "He'll most probably hit on you or something so I give you permission to slap him as hard as you want."

"I wasn't aware I needed permission," I grinned.

He laughed, pulling keys out of his pocket before he stuffed it into the lock and turned it. I adjusted his jacket so it covered the torn back of his shirt since we had been play fighting after hunting and I kind of ripped his shirt again. Oh well. He should know better by now.

"Hiding the evidence?" he arched an eyebrow.

"Unless you care to explain why we went out and you came back with a torn shirt..." I raised my eyebrows, "I'm sure Dex would come up with a very colourful, and highly inappropriate, explanation for it so there's no need for him to see it."

"True," he grimaced as he pushed the door open and gestured for me to go in first.

I took a breath and stepped inside, kicking off my boots while he closed and locked the door.

"Austin?" a deep voice called.

"Dex!" Austin called back in a mocking tone.

"So immature," I rolled my eyes, peeling off my hoodie before I hung it up on the coat rack. I hadn't bothered with a coat; I didn't need it and if anyone asked I could just say I was going jogging and didn't need a coat.

I stood, hands on my hips and staring at the front door for a minute with a frown on my face.

"What?" he asked curiously.

"I know how you feel now; its weird using the front door," I scrunched my face up.

He chuckled, slipping his arm around my waist as he led me to his living room, "I'm going to go change my shirt...as for the front door thing? I think we're going to have to practice using the front door more."

"No kidding." I muttered as Austin turned and jogged up the stairs to his room and left me in the living room.

"No kidding what?" that same voice from before asked. I looked up just as the guy on the couch turned his head and spotted me. He had silver eyes like Austin, only darker and had black, messy hair. He had sharp features and slightly pale skin. Not as pale as Austin, or even my human sister Lily, but still pale toned. From what I could see of his long legs stretched out on the couch and clad in denim jeans he was tall and built. Over all he was a pretty good looking guy...but not my type. Just by looking at him I could tell he was slightly arrogant just by the way he held himself, as if he were king or something.

"Hello," his full lips curved into a smirk as he stood up and walked smoothly in front of me, "I'm Dexter. But call me Dex," he said, dark grey eyes looking me over and checking me out still as he took my hand and kissed it.

I stiffened, biting my lip against the dull pain I felt when he kissed the back of my hand.

"Carmen," I said, introducing myself.

"Austin's an idiot for keeping you hidden," he said, still studying me with a smirk, "If you were my girlfriend I'd make sure everyone knew you were mine."