Red Carpet Idiots

@MissAvaMae: VMA night. thanks to MTV for having us😘

/

The end of August rolled around before I could even blink. The last month has pretty much consisted of hiding in Harry's London house to avoid the paparazzi that were oh so interested in the truth behind my relationship with Harry.

About two days after our anniversary, a new story hit the headlines that involved us and my "unnamed ex-boyfriend." Fun fact: I've dated four guys, two in middle school and Cole and Harry. Based off of the story, there was only one answer to who did it and I pretty much completely knew it was Cole. So did all of my subscribers who were around when I was with him.

He'd gone to People Magazine and told them that Harry and I were lying about when our anniversary was to cover up the fact that I cheated on him to be with Harry. He told them that we've been together since January of 2015, which is far from the truth. I mean... seriously? We still aren't over this?

Makes me wonder how much they paid him to tell them the "story."

Paparazzi had been following Harry and I ever since, trying to get one of us to say something. They took the story and turned it into a new one, saying that the break Harry and I took was due to me cheating on him. It was annoying that they were making so much money off of us using complete lies. Both of us agreed we wouldn't acknowledge it because neither one of us cared. We knew the truth, thats all that mattered.

Right now, we're in New York. We flew in a couple days ago, but we haven't really left the hotel. When we were in London, my mom had called me saying that a rep from MTV was in urgent need of two presenters for the VMA's and that they wanted Harry and I to do it. After some persuasion, Harry said he would do it. Tonight is the award show, which is why our hotel room currently has more than just the two of us in it.

Jeff and Glenne had landed this morning and they'd be coming with us. They were in the kitchen talking with Harry while I was in the living room munching on my salad and getting my hair straightened. We had about two hours before we have to leave. Glenne wanders over to where I am, sitting next to me while she snacks on the grapes that were laid out on the coffee table in front of us. We've only met briefly a few times, so it was nice to have her and Jeff around today.

"So how's life? It's been so long since I've seen you or Harold."

"Been fairly peaceful, considering I haven't been outside in like a month."

She laughs lightly. "Jeff told me about that mess of a situation. Your ex sounds like a complete mess."

"He is," I nod. "I don't understand why he's such an ass. He was so great during the beginning of our relationship and then it all went downhill. I don't know how I was so blind to it."

"Guess it doesn't matter now, though," she smiles. "How are you feeling as we get closer to October?"

I bite my lip, shrugging slightly. "I don't know. I'm so excited, but I'm also majorly nervous."

"Do you feel like it's too soon or is it just normal nerves?"

"I can't really tell," I laugh lightly. "I think it's a weird mix of everything, but it's mainly 'cause it's such a big thing. A big step to take."

"Well knowing you two, I'm almost one hundred percent sure that everything about it will be absolutely perfect."

//

"Don't forget to take individual pictures," Jeff instructs us from the front of the car. We were next in line to enter the red carpet. "And Harry, please try to avoid being a complete idiot. I know how you are when you're with her instead of the boys."