Studio Sessions

MissAvaMae: My studio assistant crashed my snap to Lacey 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ he might block me for posting this so.. you're welcome internet

After Harry left for LA, I realized how uneventful my life was when he wasn't around. I caught up on making YouTube videos since I'd fallen behind with break and the holidays, wrote some new songs, and went to class.

The highlight of my week was being able to go to Choir everyday and rehearse for our 'Solo Night.' It was coming up in a few weeks and I was thrilled to be a part of it. Each Choir member had the chance to audition and I made the cut for the forth year. It's basically a talent show for the choir students and it's my favorite fundraiser event that we do.

I was going to sing "You Think You Know Somebody" by Hunter Hayes. I figured it was necessary with what my lovely ex did to me. Because yes, I am feeling that petty.

"Ava, you're done for the day. You don't have to stay the entire rehearsal," my choir teacher smiles at me.

"Alright," I sigh. "I guess I'll leave you alone. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow is Saturday," she laughs.

"Oh, right. Totally knew that. Bye!"

Shit. Did not know that. Completely forgot it's Friday.

Harry was supposed to pick me up today. I smile and rush out of the choir room. My mom had dropped me off this morning instead of me driving myself so Harry could pick me up and we could leave right away. He'd picked up my things from my mom before he came here.

He was leaning against his rental car, his hands shoved into the pockets of his sweatshirt. A grey beanie was on his head, hiding most of his hair. I walked over to him and he stood up straight, opening his arms for me. I ran into them, laughter falling from my lips.

"Hey," I smile. "Sorry I'm late. Got caught up in rehearsals."

"Rehearsals? For what?"

"Our choir does this thing called Solo Night where choir kids get to sing a song individually. It's really fun."

"When is it?"

"Uh," I pause to think about it. "I think January 17th. Yeah. I barely know what today is."

"Huh. Well we should hit the road, it's going to be late if we don't leave now."

I nod and walk over to the passenger seat while Harry got behind the wheel. I tossed my book bag in the back and we were on our way.

The whole car ride to LA consisted of us playing ridiculous road games, telling stories, and singing along to whatever was on the radio. I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life. Harry just had this magnetic energy to him. He's always so happy and care free. He's the kind of friend you need in life.

"Oh yeah," he says as we pull into the parking lot of the hotel. "I hope you don't mind, after the studio tomorrow I'm going house hunting and you're coming with me."

"Sounds fun," I smile. "I thought you already had a place in LA?"

"I did, but I sold it."

"Why? Did you get bored one day?"

He sticks his tongue out at me and I laugh.

We grab our things and head into the elevator. Harry presses a button to one of the upper floors as I lean against the wall of the elevator.

Once we get our stuff all in the room, Harry drags me out of the room and pushes me back into the car. He doesn't say why, but I just sit back and enjoy the car ride anyway. We pull up to a diner eventually, the same diner where I came with my family and spotted Harry for the first time.